`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What was wrong with the Box?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Printing plate should have been autographed.
41.18%
7 41.18%
Should have had another autograph in the box.
47.06%
8 47.06%
I’m just totally confused and nothing was wrong or I’m not realizing what was wrong.
11.76%
2 11.76%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should this have been autographed? UPDATE:Topps responded, we have answers 11/14/2014

RE: Should this have been autographed?
Not false. Unless the plate says it was signed in front of a Topps representative on it, all it is is a plate from their autograph rookie issue. Panini does this crap all the time in their basketball products.
Topps will provide you with your missing hit provided you didnt throw out your box and can give them the codes they are going to ask for off it.

(10-12-2014, 06:46 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Not false. Unless the plate says it was signed in front of a Topps representative on it, all it is is a plate from their autograph rookie issue. Panini does this crap all the time in their basketball products.
Thought this to be the case and maybe should have said something in the original post but they are all over ebay and autographed. The listings that scaned the back look the same as the Xander I scanned. No mention of "signed in front of etc." That is why I'm confused on this one.

(10-12-2014, 06:46 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Topps will provide you with your missing hit provided you didnt throw out your box and can give them the codes they are going to ask for off it.
Still have everything. Smile

Yup. I saw a bunch of auto and none auto rc plates. I didn't check the backs out. They should say witnessed or signed in front of if they are auto's. If they're not putting it on those plates, that's going to get sticky. There is clearly unsigned versions. So whats to stop someone from adding a sig to the unsigned version if there is no distinction on the backs?

(10-12-2014, 08:55 AM)Hofcollector Wrote: Yup. I saw a bunch of auto and none auto rc plates. I didn't check the backs out. They should say witnessed or signed in front of if they are auto's. If they're not putting it on those plates, that's going to get sticky. There is clearly unsigned versions. So whats to stop someone from adding a sig to the unsigned version if there is no distinction on the backs?
Exactly my same thoughts. So far with the comments on this poll and my own internet surfing and the fact that Beckett has this listed as an autograph I'm starting to think the plate should have been signed.

With that being said, I'm positive I'm missing the "hit" from the box break. I will probably go the route of just the missing autograph and not mail the plate to Topps just the required items.

Topps really screwed the pooch with this product this year. Have the autograph issue and the color of the refractors, however I believe they did a great job with the "Greats of the Game" autographs. I like Finest so I will probably still buy it again next year.

Once again I'm in a love hate relationship with Topps. Sad

You have the plate of the rookie auto. The plate should have been signed. Card number RA-XB is the autographed version. The card will not say "signed in front of a Topps rep" because plates are only of the front of a card.

They have big stickers on the back with an explanation of the card. It seems they should have that distinction on it. If not, thats a blunder on their part.
Maybe they are trying to adopt a Panini characteristic. I bought a few cases of National treasures last fall and got 8 plates that werent auto's where the normal cards were. They also slid plates in of older panini gold standard. They somehow thought that was a viable excuse to not have those cards auto'd.

UPDATE: I decided that I believe the plate should have been autographed. I sent it back to Topps and now the waiting will begin. Will keep everyone posted when I hear anything.

Thanks for the comments,
Rob

But his black printing plate that recently sold on Ebay was also not autoed.

the argument that it should have the Topps auto disclaimer is not the case because none of the auto printing plates have it.

My guess is that if anything you will just get the plate back from Topps unsigned.

(11-03-2014, 07:44 PM)ne12bc12 Wrote: UPDATE: I decided that I believe the plate should have been autographed. I sent it back to Topps and now the waiting will begin. Will keep everyone posted when I hear anything.
Thanks for the comments,
Rob
Best of Luck, Rob! You did the right thing by sending it to get signed!
Hopefully, you don't have to wait a year to get it back.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

This shouldn't have been autographed. Its just the plate used to create the according autographed card.

Also, I'm certain it replaces the second auto as a much bigger hit.