`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USPS Question, Need help - WOW, just got a little better!

RE: USPS Question, Need help - WOW, just got a little better!
A Lost/Missing mail investigation can be started on any item. You may be told that nothing can be done, but that is not correct. Initiating the investigation does not mean that the item will be found. Many USPS facilities are employing non-career(diminished benefits) employees who may or may not have full knowledge of policies and regulations. Being told by them that something can't be done doesn't mean they are correct, if you go to the office in the next town you may well be told that something can be done. Frequently Del. Confirmation mail that shows as delivered is, as you found, delivered to the wrong address. As was mentioned, there is also the possibility of theft. Insurance on small parcels may seem a waste of money, but with that it must be followed up on if not received. Even with that you may be given differing answers depending on which person or office you go to. Compared to the Marine Corps, it is a ridiculous organization.

I always contact the USPS through their site email or the 800 customer service number. They can investigate & put out a tracer on the item.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

Hi all Just weighing in...with the insider knowledge.
First, you said your neighbor brought the one envelope over. Did you check with the other neighbors on the block?
Second, I assume you checked with Paypal, that it shows the item was delivered. I believe if you go to USPS .com, you should be able to get all the individual scans steps that the item took. From being accepted, ran on outgoing machines, departing and arriving scans, to delivered to delivery station and, finally delivered. I believe you can also get an image of the article, itself.
After all that, and still haven't been found, print out the page that shows all the scans and take it to your carrier station and ask to talk to the carrier supervisor.
Hope this helps.
P.S. won't say things at the P.O. are the worst ever, but I do know that a plant on Friday, forgot to dispatch a container of 57 experss mail pieces to go to the airport!