`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MASSIVE SHIFT IN THE WAY TRADERS THINK ON THIS SITE

RE: MASSIVE SHIFT IN THE WAY TRADERS THINK ON THIS SITE
Im sorry if I was a little unclear on some of these requests. Let me try to clarify. There may still be some exceptions (and I understand that), but I just want to make sure you know where I'm coming from.

With regards to personal information. This was not meant to be seen by EVERYBODY. This is information that would be given to the Mod (or somebody at Beckett) at sign-up. How this would work, Im not entirely sure. The point is, somebody gets burned and all we hear is "does anybody know how to get in touch with this person?". We would have a single person (again, I don't know the logistics of picking that person) to go to and submit our case. Im not even suggesting that the Mod gives the information to the victim, I was initially thinking that the Mod would be the one attempting to contact the offender.

As for the utility bill. Im just attempting to have SOME way of verifying that the person ACTUALLY lives there. This is literally just the front page of your bill (with all account numbers blacked out) showing YOUR name matched with YOUR address. Again, wasn't saying this should be viewable by all members. Just our Mod in charge of this.

Two phone numbers. I get it. I personally only have one number as well, but I would give my wife's as the second. Again, just looking for as many way's of touching base with a (seemingly) rouge member as possible.

Lastly, shipping/BV/Trade quantity information. I was simply looking for a way in which you would be able to see what type of deals a trader has been doing. Like somebody else mentioned, you can rack up 25 $10 trades in no time. Then all of the sudden your looking for $400-$500 and no-one's the wiser. If the exact cards are an issue, then at least the value and the quantity. Just trying to put as much information into trader's hands as possible in order to lessen the small amount of risk that does exist. My apologizes, I wasn't even considering the selling of cards, I was really just thinking about trading. I don't sell here, so I am not entirely clear on the in's and out's of that.

My point in all of this is that you don't hire fast police officers to hide around the side of a building waiting for somebody break in. You put them out front in plain sight to deter people from even attempting. More information being required by members at sign-up and more information about past trades being made available to future traders are the types of information (or security measures) that will hopefully help PREVENT bad trades from occurring.

Just trying to be part of the solution. Thank you to everyone that took the time to read and respond.

Understood and really appreciate you putting the time and thought into helping all of us here. Just read it wrong that all this information would be available to everyone. Our credit card information / validity is sufficiant for me. Myself, I don't deal with high end cards via the trade route and most of my multi card trades are below $100 BV.

Maybe Beckett can set something up so that trades containing BV over a certin amount needs to be approved by a "Card Trading Czar" and all the information is is made available to both parties involved. (I still don't want what I trade made available to the general public, but that's just me)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

I think a lot of bad trades are preventable, I have 1000's of trades over the internet and fortunately I have only been ripped off 2 times.

I would suggest Checking the looking for these members thread and check the city/state. A PM to me to check the trader against known bad traders is also a good step. Always check the member's ranking as I tag certain members with must send first. A large portion of bad trades I look into have the offending party with a MSF tag but the other trader never saw it.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

My only bad trade on this sight was one where if I had checked I could have avoided it. They are not all avoidable but a lot are.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

(10-07-2014, 09:13 AM)nolan5000 Wrote: Yeah, I don't have a cell phone, just the landline that we've had for 39 years.
Same here. Don't have two phone lines.
Always looking for Al Kaline cards - Mr. Tiger!

I dont know about all the personal info being out there. However, when I'm trading with a person from this site I offer my phone number and email. Those are necessary in the business world and I treat trades here as business transactions. I own my own business and I would rather have some sort of telephone communication for multiple reasons. I've been wondering if it would be possible to view someones profile and see how many open trades they have. No trade values, no names of traders involved, just a list of open trades and on what dates they were agreed upon. So if your thinking of trading with trader X you may change your mind if he has 12 open trades that date back 3 weeks. Maybe include a feedback section for open trades so if all of a sudden someone isnt responding to their open trades, you get a heads up.