`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Idea to verify trade members?
10-06-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: Idea to verify trade members?
(10-06-2014 01:13 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  that actually was my profession for a while back in my younger years (less the vigilante stuff). which i why i joke about kneecapping a lot (though to be legally clear: at no time did i ever kneecap anyone, nor intimate that i would do so in the collection of any debt owed)

Jeff Gillooly holding for you on line 2.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

[Image: ZeprockSig3.jpg]

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 02:16 PM
(10-06-2014 01:13 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote:  actually, based on stats, most bad trades are people who have 20 trades or less

Mind sharing these "stats"?

[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]
10-06-2014, 02:27 PM
no matter who it is, I think they would maybe think twice about going rouge if they knew the person they ripped off had their personal email address or a mobile number. And sure if someone wanted too they could get a new email address and change their number but at some point it would be easier to just not screw people over.

Like I said just an idea to maybe act as some form of deterrent.

[Image: 0MQey2R.png]

http://s16.photobucket.com/user/uc7bearcat/library/
10-06-2014, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 02:43 PM by jacobystealshome.)
(10-06-2014 02:16 PM)iconms Wrote:  Mind sharing these "stats"?

just reporting what david campos said in another thread yesterday
(10-06-2014 02:14 PM)zeprock Wrote:  Jeff Gillooly holding for you on line 2.

why? WHHHYYYY?

(random trivia: if we had had twin girls, the second one would have been named Kerrigan)

Sawyer MacMillan Blue: coming october 20th, a few blocks away from the Cathedral of Baseball
10-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Jacoby, that is a really nice mural for your son's bedroom.

Back on track though, my thoughts are simple. Where there is a will there is a way! In other words if someone wants to steal your cards in a trade they will find a way to do it. If you set-up a system where people have to give their phone numbers then keep in mind how easy it is to change your number or get a temporary one. If you require people to have their credit card on file, people will use temporary cards that are out of money. Also, if you require credit cards so that people are charged when they don't fulfill their side of the trade, then you open the door up for the scammers that will say they never received the cards and if there is tracking then they will say they received an empty package. Then there will have to be an intermediary involved for disputes. Just look at how involved dispute resolution is on eBay and there are still plenty of people scamming there.
It really comes down to trust, and that is what the rating system is in place to help with. If you look at someone's trade ratings and don't recognize any of the other traders names or are uneasy about the quantity of trades with different traders, then discuss it with the other trader before finalizing the deal. If the other trader backs off and cancels the trade, then you may have just saved yourself the misery of being scammed.

[Image: djohn-1.jpg]
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 267/419
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/
10-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I'd be more than happy to share my name & address with my trade partner although it's already on record with Beckett. Maybe Beckett should just update/upgrade their trade system to a Trade Manager as that may help more but that's JMO.

[Image: manningsecnumbr1fan_zps5f91a5c8.jpg~original]
~Banner courtesy of Zeprock~
Team collector of Reds & Rangers. Also collector Longoria, Kemp & other proven Stars.