Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Looking for opinions on eBay seller

Looking for opinions on eBay seller
http://www.ebay.com/usr/nickenzo10?_...p2047675.l2559

He has some shady shipping practices. But no complaints on the actual signatures. Looking at the auto's I have from players in my collection, the signatures look authentic. I got a Clay Matthews signature on a jersey number, cheap, so I took the gamble, and it is identical to my other matthews signature. He's got a few more that I am looking at, but before I go spending more money with him, figured I'd see what people thought.

I posted over on SCF, but haven't gotten a response yet.
PI

RE: Looking for opinions on eBay seller
I think what's suspicious to me other than the fact that his shipping practices are obviously an attempt to get more money from the customers is the sheer number of autographs he has for sale right now. Think about it. Did he just get back from several hundred shows? Did he have all these athletes visit his store (if he even has one)? Did he just happen to stumble on a giant inventory of signed items or did he build this up over time? He's got 248 feedback and 123 items for sale. That's the biggest red flag to me. Granted some of the items are not signed and the ones that are DO look authentic. I looked at the Manning, the Tannehill and any other signatures I can recognize immediately and I didn't see anything jump out at me either that seemed wrong with them. Just because an item looks authentic doesn't mean it is though. You know the old saying about if it's too good to be true? Well that seems to apply to this seller and his signed jersey racket. You should probably avoid this guy in the future unless you don't mind that your autographs are probably fake albeit really well done.

You can't sell any jerseys very easily that don't have well known and reputable authentication with them anyway and isn't that why we collect? Even if we don't plan on selling we like to know that our items have value to the collecting community. There's no way I'd buy a single thing from this guy.
[Image: collectorbanner_zps49e27868.jpg]

Ditto with Manson. That's a lot of product. I'd be wary.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

yea, the inventory is my biggest red flag. For what I got the Clay for, figure go to a jsa appearance, and see what they have to say.

I've taken gambles on a couple signatures recently, and have done pretty well with it. one of which being:
[Image: 2013-01-17_21-20-26_975.jpg]

that, and my starr jersey (which i got a while ago) I'll probably hold off on his sigs unless its too cheap to pass up, and get it authenticated.

The only thing he has going for him are that if they are fakes, someone is very, very good at replicating signatures.
PI

I think that taking the jersey to JSA before you get anything else from him is your best bet. At least that way you'll have proof one way or the other. I would figure the cost of authenticating each item into your final bid because people won't buy your items later on without that hologram and piece of paper. My local card shop laughs when people try to sell him signed items that can't be verified (Then again why are people trying to sell things at card shops? That's like trying to sell a rare coin at a pawn shop, you're gonna get owned hard.)

At least you've thought this out and are asking for advice.
[Image: collectorbanner_zps49e27868.jpg]

Yea, I'm always weary of buying autos. But being a Packers fan in New England doesn't make it easy to get autos other than on eBay.Will be going to the retirement of Favre's number next season, and will be in town for a couple weeks, so I plan on being diligent and getting as many auto's as I can.
PI

Please elaborate on what his shady shipping practices are. I see high shipping costs on flat items and a bit high for multiple items but the charges for single jerseys are accurate.

From what I saw that he sometimes doesn't charge enough for shipping, and the people have postage due upon receiving the item. I'm not so worried about the shipping, I'm more worried about the authenticity of the items.
PI