`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PSA/DAN or Beckett

PSA/DAN or Beckett
I was fortunate enough to find this Elway #2/5 and due to some unfortunate circumstances I'm involved with, John Elway has agreed to autograph the card. Now, getting it authenticated and possibly the autograph itself graded, would you go Beckett or PSA/DNA?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I collect Derek Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr., and Philadelphia Eagles autographed graded cards!

RE: PSA/DAN or Beckett
If it's not a certified auto I think you have to send to PSA to have it authenticated. Don't think beckett does that, just grading on the auto. Not 100% on that though but a while back I had a few that I wanted to get authenticated. Even if beckett does do authenticating of in person autos I'd personally go with PSA anyway.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

(10-04-2014, 09:05 PM)mooncricket916 Wrote: If it's not a certified auto I think you have to send to PSA to have it authenticated. Don't think beckett does that, just grading on the auto. Not 100% on that though but a while back I had a few that I wanted to get authenticated. Even if beckett does do authenticating of in person autos I'd personally go with PSA anyway.
That's what I was thinking. Thanks!

Would it be worth my while to have the auto graded even though the auto clipped the thread?
I collect Derek Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr., and Philadelphia Eagles autographed graded cards!

Dan would do a good job.

(10-04-2014, 10:45 PM)htoutlaws Wrote: Dan would do a good job.
Dan?

You accidentally put DAN instead of DNA in the thread title and he was poking fun.

With Beckett you'd have to send it to JSA first and then from there it'd be sent to BGS for grading.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

Second time this week I have seen this question . Yes...Beckett does offer autograph authentication in partnership with JSA; you don't even have to get it graded, just certified. JSA is a reputable service, and though I am not a fan of Beckett, their casing and certification looks a whole lot better than what PSA has to offer. Just my opinion. You can check out their services here http://www.beckett.com/grading/jsa_services
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

Oh yeah I would go with PSA/DNA......I remember certain news station that forged an auto and JSA authenticated it.

(10-05-2014, 04:19 PM)micorps Wrote: Oh yeah I would go with PSA/DNA......I remember certain news station that forged an auto and JSA authenticated it.
Wow! Are you serious!!!

(10-05-2014, 04:37 PM)jwhuckfeldt Wrote: Wow! Are you serious!!!
As a collector, I don't put much credibility on third party authentication. All I can say is just do your research.