`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
String of non-paying bidders/ebay advice

String of non-paying bidders/ebay advice
I really want to get some sales going on the bay, so I've been bulk-listing cards, mostly 2013-2014 RCs, inserts, parallels, for $1 with $1.50-$3.00 BIN during free listing windows.

Since July I've sold 35 (including a couple of BINs) items in that category, opened 11 non-paying bidder cases, and closed 7 without receiving payment (31% aren't paying after first contact/invoice, and 64% aren't paying after a case is opened).

Is this something I can combat (I immediately add these buyers to my block list if there's no communication or payment) without having to list everything fixed price, or is it just what I have to look forward to as I increase the amount of auctions I run?

RE: String of non-paying bidders/ebay advice
The only thing I can think of is making BIN auctions end only once the buyer has paid, but on regular auctions there's not a lot you can do. I've noticed that low value cards have a much higher non pay rate. I believe you can also set buyer requirements to block anyone that has a non pay strike against them within a certain time period so check the seller dashboard.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

Thanks for the reply! I've not had any trouble with BIN items going unpaid (should have been more clear), just the low value auctions- which does make sense, to an extent. I figure people would try to avoid the strike regardless... some of the non-payers had over 1500 positive feedback, which was surprising.

I've got my buyer requirements set as stringent as I can, I think.

Block buyers who:

Don't have a PayPal account
Have received 2 Unpaid Item strike(s) within 12 Month(s) this one, I believe, is more strict if set to 12 months, correct?
Have a primary shipping address in a location I don't ship to
Have 4 Policy Violation report(s) within 6 Month(s)
Have a feedback score of -1 or lower

I've sold a lot of low end cards on ebay...only had 1 not pay. It was other stuff I was trying to offload that I had trouble with. Electronics, that kind of stuff. Thankfully no issues with the cards yet. You might have better luck throwing them all in a flat rate box and selling that way. You don't get as much back, but it's something. I've sold 2 medium size boxes, each went for $15.

Right on, thanks Nate! I was considering consolidating the listings...help me move the stuff out and minimize the listing, packing, fees, etc.

(10-03-2014, 12:45 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: Right on, thanks Nate! I was considering consolidating the listings...help me move the stuff out and minimize the listing, packing, fees, etc.
If you have a lot, like tons of inserts, GU, etc, it might be worth checking out COMC if you haven't already. I think it's a hefty fee to start with, but they do all the dirty work for you. Or so I've read. I've never had cards worth it. I usually fit about 1500-1700 in a box, set it at $15 auction. Both times got the minimum bid after waiting a couple weeks, and they paid shipping. Cleared up space and I made a little money back lol. Good luck! If you find a better way, lmk Smile The next lot I'm sending to a guy who donates them to some kids he works with. That's another option as well. I can't remember which user on here it was, but he's another that uses them for his special needs students I think.

Yeah, I think I know who you're talking about... Cox1781, maybe?

I've been considering COMC- love the concept, ease, quality... just not sure about the fees. I created a test submission to see what I'd be looking at, wasn't too thrilled, but when compared to ebay the figure started to look reasonable. Will definitely let you know how it goes should I submit a lot.

Sounds right. Good luck!

you can require immediate payment I believe. That way they can't even complete the purchase unless they pay.
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

(10-04-2014, 09:06 PM)mooncricket916 Wrote: you can require immediate payment I believe. That way they can't even complete the purchase unless they pay.
Is that on auctions as well? I know it's possible for BIN. If so, that's exactly what I need.