`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
My most frightening win ever!

My most frightening win ever!
So I was trying to jump into the bidding for this card at the last second and in my haste failed to include the ever important decimal point. The result...I bid over $4000 on this bad boy. It took me about 3 seconds to realize what I had done. Sooooo, after I changed my shorts I looked at the final bid and obviously I had won, just thankfully for less than my intended high bid (WHEW).

Has anybody else done this, or am I alone in this goofiness?

1998 Absolute Platinum Quads #1 - Brett Favre, John Elway, Barry Sanders, Warrick Dunn - Courtesy of COMC.com

1998 Absolute Platinum Quads #1 - Brett Favre, John Elway, Barry Sanders, Warrick Dunn - Courtesy of COMC.com
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

RE: My most frightening win ever!
Nope, you are not alone, I have done this also and like you said, what what a deal!
Mostly football and a set builder

good thing it didn't go higher!!!
I collect Peyton Manning and Griffey Jr.
My Bucket: http://s444.photobucket.com/albums/qq164/soccerscrub78
[Image: manning-griffeybanner2.jpg]

i would need to change my shorts. I have never done that personally.

I saw where someone had put a max bid of around 300 bucks because they wanted it and thought that nobody would go over a few bucks.... Someone else had the same idea and put in over 300. LOL

Lol, that is one of my nightmares!

(10-01-2014, 08:06 AM)bojesphob Wrote: I saw where someone had put a max bid of around 300 bucks because they wanted it and thought that nobody would go over a few bucks.... Someone else had the same idea and put in over 300. LOL
HAHAHA! Oh noooo! Hope it was at least *somewhat* worth the price tag!

OP, I've definitely done this before. I put the bid in with ~3 seconds left, so didn't even have enough time to retract. Card ended up going for far more than I could afford at the time (was about 20 yo) and had to send the seller a message about my mistake. I felt lucky that he let me out of the sale.

(10-01-2014, 05:45 AM)bbniner80 Wrote: Nope, you are not alone, I have done this also and like you said, what what a deal!
Glad to know I am not alone!
(10-01-2014, 06:24 AM)soccerscrub Wrote: good thing it didn't go higher!!!
Amen to that! But man, my heart sank for a few moments.
(10-01-2014, 07:50 AM)micorps Wrote: i would need to change my shorts. I have never done that personally.
New shorts indeed!
(10-01-2014, 08:06 AM)bojesphob Wrote: I saw where someone had put a max bid of around 300 bucks because they wanted it and thought that nobody would go over a few bucks.... Someone else had the same idea and put in over 300. LOL
Daaaaang! That stinks. So, so glad that didn't happen to me.
(10-01-2014, 11:21 AM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: HAHAHA! Oh noooo! Hope it was at least *somewhat* worth the price tag!

OP, I've definitely done this before. I put the bid in with ~3 seconds left, so didn't even have enough time to retract. Card ended up going for far more than I could afford at the time (was about 20 yo) and had to send the seller a message about my mistake. I felt lucky that he let me out of the sale.
Thank goodness for decent, understanding people. I'm glad you didn't get stuck holding the bag.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

I once put a bid in that I meant to be 175.00 and it came out 17,500.00. thank god it wasn't a jim Thorpe 1/1 tobacco series in mint condition! haha! I emailed the seller and he was cool thank god!