`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Convention card question

Convention card question
Here's a scan of an Eddie George card that says Cleveland National 2001 . The beckett lists this card as Chicago 2001. The conventions run together in my memory . Is the price guide wrong ? Anyone remember where the 2001 National was held.

[Image: EddieGeorge_zpsc896f447.jpg]
Photobucket

RE: Convention card question
Nope, but dope card though!
Wants:
2006 Bowman Sterling Red Refractors #RB1 JSY Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 SP Authentic Rookie Autographed NFL Logo Patches #252 JSY AU Reggie Bush 1/1
2006 Topps Red Hot Rookies Autographs #RB Reggie Bush/10

Your Eddie George card was stamped by the organizers, presumably, of this show held in Cleveland that year. Pardon me for my captain obvious comment, but it is not the same card that is listed in the OPG.

The Chicago card that you are inquiring about has a stamp on the front that states "Chicago Sun-Times Collection" and it is numbered to 5. The silver colored stamp is a long vertical square and features a skyscraper (Willis Tower?). I have one in my hand right now but unfortunately I have no means to scan it to show you an example, so hopefully you will take my word for it.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

[quote='nittany13' pid='2493952' dateline='1412130448']
Your Eddie George card was stamped by the organizers, presumably, of this show held in Cleveland that year. Pardon me for my captain obvious comment, but it is not the same card that is listed in the OPG.

The Chicago card that you are inquiring about has a stamp on the front that states "Chicago Sun-Times Collection" and it is numbered to 5. The silver colored stamp is a long vertical square and features a skyscraper (Willis Tower?). I have one in my hand right now but unfortunately I have no means to scan it to show you an example, so hopefully you will take my word for it.
[/quo

OK I see your point on the lack of numbering.
Photobucket

I found this one online that has the aforementioned stamp.

[Image: KGrHqFnME9ggpvC7BPnMw0WRGQ60_12_zps9616847f.jpg]
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]