`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first auto bat

My first auto bat
Picked up this game used Phil Hughes cracked auto bat.
Not much, but it's a start. No COA but figured, who would try to fake a Phil Hughes auto? Smile
[Image: null_zps8748de6b.jpg]
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My first auto bat
hahahahaha.. Hey! He had a great year for my Fantasy Team. I was really hoping the Angels would sign him during the off season.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

(09-30-2014, 05:28 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: hahahahaha.. Hey! He had a great year for my Fantasy Team. I was really hoping the Angels would sign him during the off season.
He had a great year! I guess Yankee Stadium wasn't conducive for him? Or maybe it's the new beard? Smile I always liked the guy but he just never could 'step it up' ... Good to see he's still got stuff, and maybe the different stadium, different team chemistry, less pressure ... Whatever it is, he's much better than he's been in years!
I hope he continues to do better.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Very cool, Dr. Mitch!

I got to meet Phil at Twinsfest this past January. That is one big dude! Very nice to chat with and a very gracious signer.

Happy Collecting!

Awesome DrM! Great new branch on the collecting tree. Just found a shop nearby that has barrels full of GU broken bats, some signed, some not. May be diverging myself.....great stuff, thanks for sharing.

PS..LOTS of great Yankee stuff. Guy runs shows or something but I was in there quickly with my girls so wasn't checking on COA's. No cards though...(sad face....still don't know how to add the faces....LOL)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Nice piece! I love the few I have, but they do take up a bit more room than cards..
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(09-30-2014, 06:44 PM)madamson Wrote: Very cool, Dr. Mitch!
I got to meet Phil at Twinsfest this past January. That is one big dude! Very nice to chat with and a very gracious signer.
Happy Collecting!
Heard he was a good guy. Good reputation with NY fans. Never a bad word, or lousy attitude. Truly loves playing the game and appreciates the fans. Glad to hear that he's still the same 'good guy' he's always been.

Awesome bat, Doc!
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

(09-30-2014, 07:14 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Awesome DrM! Great new branch on the collecting tree. Just found a shop nearby that has barrels full of GU broken bats, some signed, some not. May be diverging myself.....great stuff, thanks for sharing.

PS..LOTS of great Yankee stuff. Guy runs shows or something but I was in there quickly with my girls so wasn't checking on COA's. No cards though...(sad face....still don't know how to add the faces....LOL)
You need to go back there, Joe ... Maybe a Ryan Howard bat is in there waiting for you?
I know you're not into the auto thing, but maybe there's an unsigned GU one there for a reasonable price. For mine, the shipping cost more than the bat itself .. And that was with the auto Smile I wouldn't expect that to be the same with a Howard bat, though.

i remember when he used to be a member here on beckett

good guy...looks so much better without pinstripes :p