`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my orders. Moving to the St Louis area

Got my orders. Moving to the St Louis area
Found out today that the Air Force picked me up and I will be moving sometime in November to Fairview Heights area of Illinois just outside of St Louis. Kind of weird moving back to the States after being in Japan for 14 years so I don't know what to expect. Everything I read in the news online about how crazy it is there kind of makes me not want to move back but I have to have a job to support the family. Who knows, maybe I'll like it there (not looking forward to the snow after being in the tropics all this time though LOL!!!)
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

RE: Got my orders. Moving to the St Louis area
OMG bro that is awesome... Heading to Scott AFB

I was born right outside of there. I just got back from emergency leave from that area. You are going to love it. I wish I could get orders to Scott in the next few months I should know where my next duty station is.

Don't read so much into the bad the area is awesome. I love the St. Louis Area and the fact you will be on the Illinois side the crime rate is really low. You will have some much available to you at your figure tips.

On to top it off... You can go see the Cardinals, Rams, and blues play anytime you want
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

Thanks for the pep talk Smile Needed to hear some good info on the area. If my kids become St Louis Fans I will dis-own them (LOL!!!) They better stay faithful to the Pinstripes Smile
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

It will also make all of those trades we are going to complete on the future arrive sooner as well. (hehehehe)

Thank you for your service!!!!

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

I just moved to the St Louis area about 2 years ago with the plan to leave after a year but the wife and I fell in love with the area.

Good food here and so much to do, and most is free.

Once you get moved I'll have to send you some of my notes....haha
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

(09-30-2014, 12:33 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: It will also make all of those trades we are going to complete on the future arrive sooner as well. (hehehehe)

Thank you for your service!!!!
that is true. no more having to fill out custom forms and waiting for 2 weeks for the cards Smile
(09-30-2014, 01:07 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: I just moved to the St Louis area about 2 years ago with the plan to leave after a year but the wife and I fell in love with the area.

Good food here and so much to do, and most is free.

Once you get moved I'll have to send you some of my notes....haha
my brother told me he met people from there at a training seminar and heard nothing but good things. keeping my head up so far. wife has been looking for Japanese stores there and the closest one is 3 hours away. told her that I'm not driving there lol!!!

14 years!?!?!? Wow, Culture shock for sure. Hope the transition works well for you and the family.
You probably got to see more Yankee games in Japan than you'll be able to see in St. Louis.
My advice, first thing you get is DirecTV and subscribe to YES network & MLB channel. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-30-2014, 04:22 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: 14 years!?!?!? Wow, Culture shock for sure. Hope the transition works well for you and the family.
You probably got to see more Yankee games in Japan than you'll be able to see in St. Louis.
My advice, first thing you get is DirecTV and subscribe to YES network & MLB channel. Smile
Definitely will be a culture shock Dr. The YES network is on my bucket list to do when I get there. Funny thing, when I lived on Long Island growing up never went to a Yankee game. Went to my only Yankees game at the old Stadium with my brother for my birthday when I was home on leave and ended up being the designated driver (kinda messed up huh?).

(09-30-2014, 10:22 PM)animie67 Wrote: Definitely will be a culture shock Dr. The YES network is on my bucket list to do when I get there. Funny thing, when I lived on Long Island growing up never went to a Yankee game. Went to my only Yankees game at the old Stadium with my brother for my birthday when I was home on leave and ended up being the designated driver (kinda messed up huh?).
Kinda messed up .... but driving back from the Stadium to the Island on the Major Deegan, to the Cross Bronx, to the Triboro bridge, to the LIE? ... I'd have been the Designated Driver, too! Smile That was a grueling drive depending on the weather and traffic and how far east you lived ... I would have only trusted myself.
I CONSTANTLY went to The Stadium. The one year that I worked in Manhattan, I bought Season seats, and went in right from work on the Subway. That was the easier, least expensive and most 'interesting' way to get there!
Where on Long Island did you live? I lived south shore Nassau on the border of North Merrick and North Bellmore for years and went to undergrad in Suffolk at Stony Brook University.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(10-01-2014, 02:37 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Kinda messed up .... but driving back from the Stadium to the Island on the Major Deegan, to the Cross Bronx, to the Triboro bridge, to the LIE? ... I'd have been the Designated Driver, too! Smile That was a grueling drive depending on the weather and traffic and how far east you lived ... I would have only trusted myself.
I CONSTANTLY went to The Stadium. The one year that I worked in Manhattan, I bought Season seats, and went in right from work on the Subway. That was the easier, least expensive and most 'interesting' way to get there!
Where on Long Island did you live? I lived south shore Nassau on the border of North Merrick and North Bellmore for years and went to undergrad in Suffolk at Stony Brook University.
I got even though..... My brother was expecting me to drive to Little Italy after the game. Nope, went straight home afterwards (paybacks a ***** sometimes lol!!!) and yes, driving back was a pain but it was well worth it. Grew up on the south shore in West Islip in Suffolk and I know exactly where Stony Brook is at LOL!!!. Left in 86 and never looked back. Was stationed at Staten Island which was nice before they closed the base back in 93/94 and went to Manhattan a lot. Still remember looking out of my barracks windows at the Twin Towers. Still hard to believe they're gone. It's funny, I'm watching Blue Bloods here and my NY accent comes out when I watch it (at least that's what my wife says). Lost the accent after being stationed all over the States/Japan. People have a hard time believing that I'm from there when I talk. When that happens the NY attitude comes out

photo imagesGY0YW02F_zpsecb962bf.jpg