`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: 2014 Finest Orange Refractors

Question: 2014 Finest Orange Refractors
Just received an 2014 Finest Orange Refractors #29 Dustin Pedroia in a trade. No numbering to these "orange" refractors. How can you tell the difference from the regular refractors? Tried to go on Ebay and look at some listing but some listing for "Orange Refractors" just don't look any different to me than the normal refractors. Little help here?

Thank you,
Rob

RE: Question: 2014 Finest Orange Refractors
I haven't seen any of this years yet but I know last years was real subtle. The little dot pattern in the background had an orange tint unlike the regular refractors. Could be something similar this year?
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

Here is my orange Abreu.

Some of the areas of the background are orange

[Image: IMG_0005.jpg]
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

Finest is terrible this year in figuring out the color refractors, you have to rely on the numbering and when there is none you are at the mercy of someone else's opinion. #modernrefactorssuck
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(09-29-2014, 04:42 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: Finest is terrible this year in figuring out the color refractors, you have to rely on the numbering and when there is none you are at the mercy of someone else's opinion. #modernrefactorssuck
lol, Pete please tell us how you really feel.

It is frustrating!

The different color refractors in Finest are so subtle. You really have to look at them and sometimes I just can't see it. Without that serial, I wouldn't be able differentiate.

Thanks for the information gents. I can see the difference now and it shows up more when scanned.

[Image: FinestOrange_zps03504fe3.jpg]

Yeah, can definitely see it there.

I see it in the scan but c'mon, is that really enough to make you want to have it? I've always loved Finest but this years version is horrendous for the colored refractors. (To note, I have none of these base, refractor or otherwise and have not spent 1 single hobby dollar on this product, I am only voicing my opinion based on what I've seen)
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(09-29-2014, 06:30 PM)petesahuttt Wrote: I see it in the scan but c'mon, is that really enough to make you want to have it? I've always loved Finest but this years version is horrendous for the colored refractors. (To note, I have none of these base, refractor or otherwise and have not spent 1 single hobby dollar on this product, I am only voicing my opinion based on what I've seen)
You don't know how badly I want to defend these refractors just to rib you on some more but I can't. This is the only one I will seek out because you are very well aware of how I go after Pedroia cards. That's it, just this one. Not a card I will constantly tell everyone about unless the topic of disappointed in a card product is being discussed. I do like this product and will buy again but will agree that the refractors this year are an epic fail because of stuff like this. Maybe I'll add the other Pedroia refractors I have to this just to make it more obvious. Only missing /199 and 1/1. (I think).