`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ripken auto value????

Ripken auto value????
Trying to get an approximate value on a Cal Ripken JR autographed Sports Illustrated cover. It is numbered 13/300 and has a COA. I found the same cover signed with the number of games played as part of the sig but none without it. Any thoughts? Still working on getting a pic to post as well. Thanks for the help.
Skyhawk27

Looking for NY Ranger players, especially lesser known and odd ball stuff.
Have 620 different players/6690 different cards and counting.
Derek Stepan - 89
Mark Messier - 536
Mark Martin - 342

RE: Ripken auto value????
Sounds like it was part of some limited print signing (hence the serial numbering). Who is the COA from?

You mentioned, "I found the same cover signed with the number of games played as part of the sig but none without it." Not sure if you are implying that yours doesn't have the number of games played as part of the sig, but a picture would definitely clear that confusion up. Some companies do signings with an athlete signing the same item hundreds of times, adding different inscriptions to certain batches of the item. The company then serial numbers them differently, so Ripken could have signed 600 total SIs for the company, and 300 were just basic signatures and the other 300 were signed with the number of games inscription, but the company serial numbered each batch out of 300.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Here is a pic of the magazine cover.
Skyhawk27

Derek Stepan - 89
Mark Messier - 536
Mark Martin - 342

Looks to be in great shape and the auto looks great, valuewise however im not sure, 75$ maybe?? im just throwing a number out there........ im no expert
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

Roy/Yzerman
Skyhawk27

Derek Stepan - 89
Mark Messier - 536
Mark Martin - 342

Where's that COA from? That's the key to the whole discussion.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.