`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions wanted. Did I do OK on this?

Opinions wanted. Did I do OK on this?
When it comes to my collection I understand that it is how I feel about it. I just wanted some other opinions.
Some of you may remember I had this card in my inventory…..

[Image: 2013ToppsChromeRookieAutographsCamoRefra...dd8662.jpg]
2013 Topps Chrome Rookie Autographs Camo Refractors #12 Manny Machado 1/15

OK, so I had the card for quite a while and after putting it out there for trade a couple times realized I just wasn’t going to be able to get in trade what I wanted for it. So I did something I don’t do that often with my cards, I sold it. The following cards are what I got with the money from the sale…..

[Image: Machadothread1_zpsd1dc33d6.jpg]
2008 Topps Moments and Milestones Black #55-32 Dustin Pedroia 1/15
2014 Finest Gold Refractors #29 Dustin Pedroia 11/50
2013 Panini America's Pastime #28 Dustin Pedroia 10/125
2014 Topps Triple Threads Unity Relics Sepia #UJRDP Dustin Pedroia 10/27
2014 Topps Triple Threads Unity Relics #UJRDP Dustin Pedroia 13/36
2008 Topps Retail Relics Black #DP Dustin Pedroia UPD 22/25 – (This is actually a hard card to find but the seller really got under my skin when he mailed it with no top loader, used only a penny sleeve and tissue paper for protection)

[Image: Machadothread2_zps2b0663ce.jpg]
2013 Topps Museum Collection Signature Swatches Dual Relic Autographs Gold #DP Dustin Pedroia 7/25
2014 Topps Triple Threads Unity Relic Autographs Sepia #UAJRDP Dustin Pedroia 5/75
2014 Topps Chrome #204B Dustin Pedroia/Fielding VAR
2014 Topps Triple Threads Relic Autographs #TTARHA1 Hank Aaron 8/18 – Being honest with myself I probably would have traded the Machado one for one for this card.

A penny for your thoughts.

Thanks you,
Rob

RE: Opinions wanted. Did I do OK on this?
Good Morning!

I think you did OUTSTANDING....here's why:

1 - you sold a very nice card of what I consider a "prospect" to some degree who has had injury problems the last few years.
2 - in return, you were able to pick up some SWEET Pedroia auto's (who I assume is one of, if not, you're favorite, and in my opinion is a future HOFer
3 - and then there's the Hammerin' Hank...nuff said.

Hindsight is 20/20, but unless Machado ends up being a 40 homer/year guy for 10 years and plays flawless defense (which he seems to do) and stays out of the training room, you did well my friend!

Happy Collecting!

Mark

Amazing!
Agreed ..... Machado auto /15 straight up for an Aaron /18 auto would have been great!
Everything else is gravy with some dessert thrown in as a double bonus! You killed it, brother! Congrats on some great instincts.
You gotta know when to hold'em, know when to trade'em, know when to walk away, know when to sell! ... Or something like how that Kenny Rogers song goes Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-28-2014, 09:49 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Amazing!
Agreed ..... Machado auto /15 straight up for an Aaron /18 auto would have been great!
Everything else is gravy with some dessert thrown in as a double bonus! You killed it, brother! Congrats on some great instincts.
You gotta know when to hold'em, know when to trade'em, know when to walk away, know when to sell! ... Or something like how that Kenny Rogers song goes Smile
Yeah, I agree with the doc on this one!

P.S.

I picked this Pedroia up over the weekend and thought of you! haha

[Image: 10002.jpg]

Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

(09-28-2014, 09:46 AM)madamson Wrote: I think you did OUTSTANDING....here's why:
(09-28-2014, 09:49 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Amazing!
Thanks for the opinions gents. I think I had the same mind set about Machado as you two did.
(09-28-2014, 10:21 AM)uc7bearcat Wrote: Yeah, I agree with the doc on this one!
Yeah, even though he's a Yankee fan (no ones perfect) he's pretty smart about baseball, lol (jk).

You trading?

Yeah, I will let you know when I get it in hand, I'm sure you will wind up with it
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

(09-28-2014, 10:28 AM)uc7bearcat Wrote: Yeah, I will let you know when I get it in hand, I'm sure you will wind up with it
Perfect. Thank you my friend!

You got all that for selling a parallel of some dude gone most of 2 seasons?! Well done! Take your new found PC cards and run my friend!
no org, please do not send trade requests

I have to agree with the everyone, you did VERY well, not to mention having cards of who you collect versus not. Very nice!!
Mostly football and a set builder

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. I love and collect Pedroia too but I would've been happy just getting the Hank Aaron card in exchange for that Machado.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html