`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting back into cards

Getting back into cards
I just recently started to look at sports cards again. my main question is if your buying online and the card is not graded is it safe to assume it can't be in great condition. My thinking is if you have a valuable card and you think it has a chance to get a high grade you would just get it graded since the value would go up.

Does this make sense?

One last question. I want to buy just graded cards. Should i just stick to one grading company?

Thanks

RE: Getting back into cards
I personally do not like graded cards so if I have a card that might get a good grade, so what. I have a hard time justifying sending my cards out to get graded. $10, $12, $15 per card or what ever it is I personally think is a waste and to top it off the slabbed cards are hard to store. No one in my area sells the boxes for the slabbed cards.

On the flip side, if I were to purchase or send cards out for grading I would pick the Beckett grading service. It is kinda the standard for the modern cards. From what I have read, PSA would be for Vintage cards.
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

RE: Getting back into cards
Ask for quality pictures "of the actual card for sale". No stock photos! Check them out yourself. If a different card comes in after you buy it, you might have a case.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.