`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Baseballkid1999

RE: Baseballkid1999
Thank you phillies_joe and ktkline7. This is not who I thought it was. Similar mo but not the same state.

(09-23-2014, 07:34 AM)iconms Wrote: I talked trades in the past with him and he was really shady about a few things. Thank God never completed one. I talked to another member who had commented on the boards a few months back about him being delinquent in sending out trades and apparently the mods know that he is underage (15-16) but that they allow it because there was a parent that vouched for him. I always thought this was ridiculous and shouldn't have been allowed. I think a mod should provide some type of explanation
That was me who talked with you and found out from a mod that he is indeed underage. I wouldn't have done a trade with him if I had known that ahead of time, regardless if a parent "vouched" for him.

His whole posting behavior struck me as odd, though not until after I had sent the cards out. Granted, the whole thing really wasn't THAT long of a period of time but when someone continues to post for trades, while ignoring PMs asking when your cards are going to ship (was told three different times with various reasons for it being late), something just isn't right.
(09-23-2014, 06:55 PM)edlockhart Wrote: To those of you that did complete trades with him, why did you not give him a poor feedback rating? At least give him a poor rating in communication and/or shipping so future traders know what to expect.
I dinged him on communication, shipping, and maybe something else. The cards themselves were fine and I think that was the only thing I gave him a 5 on.

Personally, I just don't care if someone wanted to give me a negative or something in return. I would just make a comment about it being as such in my feedback, assuming you can still do that. I'm more concerned with giving someone the feedback they earned and deserve to give others a heads up of a potential issue. I'd rather take a BS hit than my false positive feedback give someone else a sense of security and then being ripped off.

Hell, if someone has the name/address I can find the number and I'll call and speak with the parents.

It took 45 days, but he did complete the trade with me. his end arrived today.

Scott

(09-24-2014, 04:04 PM)scottzoe Wrote: For what it's worth, I had traded with him twice before, with no issues. Nice cards, quick shipping, and well packaged, definitely did not set off any alarm bells with me. However he does owe me for one right now, it's a small trade, but he owes me nonetheless. Let's hope he comes through for all of us.

Scott
50,000+ Red Sox cards and counting.