`
 (Toll Free)
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about Mantle cards
09-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Question about Mantle cards
Hey everyone,I posted a couple months ago about inheriting cards,I'm still going through and gathering the ones to get graded.....my question with the Mickey Mantle ones I have in the scan is should all of these be graded?...I know a few aren't in the best of shape..but because they are Mantle maybe I should??...Thanks!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: Question about Mantle cards
65-67 should probably be graded, but they won't grade high.

The others are really beat or not worth it.
09-21-2014, 11:34 PM
It all depends on your reason. If you're grading to sell them or preserve them.
For sales purposes, I think there's a 'grade' point of diminishing returns. The amount spent will not positively affect your sale if its below a certain grade. In fact, in some cases, it confirms the low quality and negatively impacts the sales price. I'm not sure where that point may be. That turnaround point could actually be different for different cards, not sure.

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
Avatar and Banner courtesy of jbel4331. THANKS!
Topps should send me Flowers and Candy this Valentine's Day, because they've been screwing me pretty regularly throughout the year. Smile
Yesterday, 06:13 AM
(09-21-2014 11:34 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote:  It all depends on your reason. If you're grading to sell them or preserve them.
For sales purposes, I think there's a 'grade' point of diminishing returns. The amount spent will not positively affect your sale if its below a certain grade. In fact, in some cases, it confirms the low quality and negatively impacts the sales price. I'm not sure where that point may be. That turnaround point could actually be different for different cards, not sure.

+5000 I couldn't have said it any better!!

[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!