`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NASCAR Trivia Thread

RE: NASCAR Trivia Thread
I had to research this one ricky craven over kurt busch in 2003 Darrington, also jimmie johnson over clint bowyer in 2011 talladega
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Another one that I knew. Amazing how much stuff you can remember when someone asks you. I knew the 2003 one b/c I just read something about it a few weeks ago. The other one involves JJ, so of course I knew that one. Gary beat me to answering it. Tongue

Pretty Cool when you ask a question that you know the answer to, and find out that there's another answer that you didn't know...because I was only looking for 2003 Darlingtion, Craven over Busch. Very nice, guys...

Alright, Gary, you are up...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Ok how manny different car manufactuers were/are represented in nascar? Name them? Of them how many different nations/countries are represented? What are the current models racing? Also to clearify looking for the big main companies. Bonus What model was the 2007 car of tomorrow and what is the cot now referred to now?
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

More questions I can answer without research. I will give you guys a chance to answer them first.

So no one is going to answer? Tongue I'll answer a few.

Current manufacturers:
Chevrolet, Ford, Toyota (Dodge is still running the the CWTS)

Past manufacturers:
The 4 above plus Plymouth, Pontiac, Chrysler, AMC

Unless I am missing some, 2 countries are represented: USA and Japan.

Bonus Question: Not sure what you are asking here. The current COT is called the Gen6.

LMK how much of this is right and if I am missing any.

I guess to clearify its the main big companies producing cars thoughout nascar history. For example Kia may be a subcompany of a bigger more important main manufactuer. You got 4 ford,toyota, chrysler, amc. Dodge/plymouth was more under the chrysler umbrella. You got 2 countries there are still others from past older years. The bonus is which brand/model and its more of a tidbit info of what the car of tomorrow is referred to Today.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Well then GM would be a 5th one. I should have said it that way before. I thought Plymouth was bought by Chrysler after drivers started racing them. I want to say cars made in England and/or Italy have also been raced in NASCAR.

Well, I'm not sure if I'm on the right track on this, but when the first CoT came out, they were built as;

Chevy Impala. The Monte Carlo was the Chevy car until then.
- The Gen 6 is the Australian built Holden Commodore, in the US referred to as the Chevy Super Sport.

Toyota stayed as the Camry, and is the same Gen 6.

Ford stayed as the Fusion.
- The Gen 6 is the Belgium Ford Mondeo, but still referred to in the US as the Fusion.

Dodge Avenger? I think it was the Charger until then. The Gen 6 would have been the Charger

As for the rest of it, I did a little looking around...
In the 50s, there were cars from GM (Chevy, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick), Ford (Ford, Mercury, Lincoln), and Chrysler (Dodge, Plymouth, Chrysler), as well as Hudson, Studebaker, Nash, and Jaguar. The 70s saw an entry by AMC. The Toyota first showed up in the 2000s I think.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
TripleĀ 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Adam gm is correct and you got 2 more countries. Tom you got 2 additional manufactuers studebaker,jaguer. The current models are correct including dodge avenger being the 2007 cot. Hudson and nash are sorta under the american motors brand even though when I found some different lists there are differences in #'s. So to speed up there are 18 total manufactuers 11 more to list, I more country and the small tidbit of info was the car of tommorow is referred to the car of today. Also isn't the gen 6 more of an engine package on the cars.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes