`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch Out, I Think I Spilled Some Oil, Edmonton Oil That Is!

Watch Out, I Think I Spilled Some Oil, Edmonton Oil That Is!
Hey everyone, back again with the newest piece for my goaltending museum. Today's is of a decent goaltender who ended off his career with Edmonton. So, here you go!

Dominic Roussel, born on February 22, 1970 in Hull, Quebec, was the 63rd overall draft pick in 1988. Making his NHL debut in 1991-92 with the Philadelphia Flyers, Roussel rapidly rose from backup to starter by 1993-94 with Philly before dropping out of the depth chart and prompting a trade to Winnipeg in 1995-96. After only seven games with the Jets, Roussel was out of the NHL until the 1998-99 season when the Predators traded his rights to Anaheim in the deal that saw Chris Mason originally go to Nashville. There, in Anaheim, Dominic Roussel assumed the backup duties competently, but was ultimately placed on waivers in 2000-01 and picked up by the Edmonton Oilers. With the Oilers, Roussel closed out his NHL career with an additional eight games. In his NHL career, Roussel appeared in 205 games and recorded a 77-70-23 record with seven shutouts, a 3.12GAA, and a 0.895% save average. His lone playoff appearance saw him play in 23 minutes and stop all eight shots against.

The sweater that you are looking at now is a 2000-01 Edmonton Oilers Road Set 2 used by Dominic Roussel in his final NHL season. As a set 2, it was likely used until sometime in February, so it was worn in at least two games, and the wear is a testament to that as it is minimal, featuring some piling, puck marks, and one stick mark that could not be photographed visibly.

Dates of game use: January 18, 2001 v St. Louis Blues (4-1L, 32-36)
January 24, 2001 v San Jose Sharks (6-1L, 21-27)

Acquired from: Private Collector on gameworn.net, accompanied by Meigray LOA.
Front:

Photomatched: No, referenced only

[Image: roussel1_zps20dc5c99.jpg]

Front right sleeve:

[Image: roussel2frontright_zps921a30ea.jpg]

Crest mark:

[Image: roussel3_zps3889ec7c.jpg]

Rear:

[Image: roussel4_zpsbc583bde.jpg]

Rear left sleeve:

[Image: roussel5rearleftsleeve_zpsfa82e33c.jpg]