Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best bang for your buck?

Who is the best bang for your buck?
Hi,

I haven't posted in while, I have been super busy with work and chasing around my 2 year old son. But who do you think right now the best bang for your buck is? Veteran, Prospect, Rookies...I always like this argument....My 2 guys that I am sinking some money into right now are Ben Revere and Michael Pineda. Other guys I am picking up are Scooter Gennett, Brock Holt, Charlie Blackmon, Danny Hultzen and Aaron Sanchez. You can pick up most of these guys prospect or rookie autographs in the $3-$10 range. Who are your guys that you are big on right now?

[Image: IMG_0005_zpscfef4fbc.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0006_zpse552706c.jpg]

RE: Who is the best bang for your buck?
Right now I've been singing a little bit of money and luck into Trout. If he has a healthy career he could be one of the best.... But then Abreu comes out this year and just blows everyone away. You never know, but i'm kinda sticking with Mike Trout right now and get some of his cards before they're too ridiculous.

Well those guys are a given, Trout is slowly becoming way to expensive if you are looking for a prospect or rookie auto, Abreu is still affordable, I think his stuff is going to take off if the White Sox can put a good season together next year. I picked up Abreu's Bowman Chrome Prospect Auto a while back and just grabbed his Topps Chrome Rookie Auto Redemption that I am anxiously waiting for to come in the mail. If Trout stays healthy he has a great chance to be one of the best players ever in MLB history. Bold statement but I firmly believe that.
(09-19-2014, 04:16 PM)clementmatthew Wrote: Right now I've been singing a little bit of money and luck into Trout. If he has a healthy career he could be one of the best.... But then Abreu comes out this year and just blows everyone away. You never know, but i'm kinda sticking with Mike Trout right now and get some of his cards before they're too ridiculous.

I agree, Can't go wrong with Trout! I've also been collecting Jacob DeGrom and Kris Bryant.

Looking for all cards from these guys I don't have!
[Image: tPSNwfV.png]

DeGrom is an interesting one...that is kind of the type of player I am talking about. Guys under the radar that are quietly performing and their cards aren't expensive yet. I was lucky enough to pull one of those 2013 Bowman Chrome Draft Kris Bryant Autographs from a blaster of Bowman Platinum about a month or so ago, but I sold it because I had picked up Bryant's 2013 Bowman Draft AFLAC Autograph. I like DeGrom a lot, according to Beckett news on this site, DeGrom is one of the Mystery Redemptions from Topps Finest this year.
(09-19-2014, 05:50 PM)SF_Giants_2014 Wrote: I agree, Can't go wrong with Trout! I've also been collecting Jacob DeGrom and Kris Bryant.

Value-wise, I like Avisail Garcia. I think he has potential to be a perennial all-star. This year, he's flown under the radar because he was injured for about 120 games. --This is coming from a guy who sold his Avisail Garcia collection when he got traded from the Tigers. The White Sox will be better next year and he'll make a nice tandem (over a full season) with Abreu.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

Stanton. Even though his cards have sky rocketed lately, I grabbed a bunch of his stuff before the year started. Probably had the MVP until that unfortunate accident. Other than that... maybe marcel ozuna or christian yelich. No, my favorite team isnt the Marlins. I just ended ip watchimng every game because they had so much young talent. Hell, maybe jose fernandez. He was out of control until he had TJ surgery.

Paul Goldschmidt and Freddie Freeman both have potential, high ceilings. Autos don't run you to much, but can always grow in value.

Currently

Jose Abreu- Say what you want about Trout and the MVP! Abreu is the MVP in my eyes if he was on a better team no question about it he is the MVP. Trouts a beast but his batting average is 30 points lower than Abreu. Abreu stuff is still pretty cheap with the year he is having.

J.D. Martinez- Stats don't lie! I bet the Astros are still kicking their selves letting him go. When you have better stats than Miggy with 30 less games played that's saying a lot. His cards are a dime a dozen.

Charlie Blackmon & Corey Dickerson- Forget about Tulo and Gonzalez these guys are the face of the Rockies moving forward. Blackmon came out the gate swinging and can do it all. Watch out for him next season when he has some protection in the line-up. Dickerson are you kidding me. He is quietly having one of the best seasons this year and no one knows about him.

There are few others but if you want bang for you buck without spending a ton these are my guys
https://rad3427.imgbb.com/
WANT LIST
1. Nolan Arenado RCs (all colors)
2. Ken Griffey Jr (90s inserts)
3. Bryce Harper RCs (all colors)
4. Mookie Betts 
5. Juan Soto

2013 .303 AVG, 365 OBP, 11 2Bs, 1 3B, 13 HR, 47 RBIs in 55 games

2014 .297 AVG, .360 OBP, 31 2Bs, 1 3B, 31 HR, 111 RBIs in 123 games

The player...... DJ Peterson and his stuff is pretty cheap.
[Image: m5GDmvD.png]

Want List
- 2006 Craig Biggio SP Authentic By the Letter "B" "O"
- 1991 Topps Desert Shield Chipper Jones