Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best bang for your buck?

RE: Who is the best bang for your buck?
Jorge Soler
If you see anything you want in any of my break posts and you have any Frank Thomas cards you are willing to trade please let me know.

Earlier I know I said trout, but that's a given. As a blue jays fan and seeing how well Marcus Stroman is pitching I think he's going to be a star with the team. At his age and in his first season he has double digits in wins, he's going to be great.

Best value for a proven star is probably Zach greinke. His stuff is very undervalued. Also, guys like Brandon Phillips, Hanley Ramirez, and Aramis Ramirez are very under valued (bv wise).

I guess it depends what you mean by "bang for your buck". I think of that as best players with low Beckett or retail prices.
[Image: w6CF1RN.png]
Another great banner by jbel4331!

Also collecting Brewers prospects and Hall of Fame autos

Im big on Garcia myself. He looks to me like he may pan out to be a 25 HR type guy, with middle of the line up potential.
(09-19-2014, 10:12 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Value-wise, I like Avisail Garcia. I think he has potential to be a perennial all-star. This year, he's flown under the radar because he was injured for about 120 games. --This is coming from a guy who sold his Avisail Garcia collection when he got traded from the Tigers. The White Sox will be better next year and he'll make a nice tandem (over a full season) with Abreu.

Stanton is going to be a MVP type guy for many years to come so long as he can comeback from that faceball. I like Ozuna and Yelich a lot too...any chance I get to pick up their prospect autographs I jump on it. Ozuna's stuff is still very affordable in the $5-$10 range. Yelich's 2010 Bowman Chrome Auto is another one that I keep an eye out for, there were a lot of production problems with that 2010 set, I would like to get my hands on a BGS 9.5 2010 BC Auto for Yelich. He reminds me of Jacoby Ellsbury, but not as fast.
(09-19-2014, 11:06 PM)Hofcollector Wrote: Stanton. Even though his cards have sky rocketed lately, I grabbed a bunch of his stuff before the year started. Probably had the MVP until that unfortunate accident. Other than that... maybe marcel ozuna or christian yelich. No, my favorite team isnt the Marlins. I just ended ip watchimng every game because they had so much young talent. Hell, maybe jose fernandez. He was out of control until he had TJ surgery.

Goldy is the real deal, his team is hurting his hobby value...I love Freeman, I wish he was on the Yankees. I just picked up this and got it in the mail today.
[Image: IMG_zpsd4d82e28.jpg]
(09-19-2014, 11:32 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Paul Goldschmidt and Freddie Freeman both have potential, high ceilings. Autos don't run you to much, but can always grow in value.

He is a good one. Peterson put up better numbers in AA than single A ball. He defintely has great potential and his Prospect Autographs are extremely affordable right now.
(09-20-2014, 07:18 AM)Odyssey Wrote: 2013 .303 AVG, 365 OBP, 11 2Bs, 1 3B, 13 HR, 47 RBIs in 55 games

2014 .297 AVG, .360 OBP, 31 2Bs, 1 3B, 31 HR, 111 RBIs in 123 games

The player...... DJ Peterson and his stuff is pretty cheap.

Im a believer in Brock Holt - but I am biased since I live in Boston.
Collecting: Bryce Harper, Cal Ripken Jr, Mickey Mantle, Roger Maris and Ted Williams.

Stanton is going to be a MVP type guy for many years to come so long as he can comeback from that faceball. I like Ozuna and Yelich a lot too...any chance I get to pick up their prospect autographs I jump on it. Ozuna's stuff is still very affordable in the $5-$10 range. Yelich's 2010 Bowman Chrome Auto is another one that I keep an eye out for, there were a lot of production problems with that 2010 set, I would like to get my hands on a BGS 9.5 2010 BC Auto for Yelich. He reminds me of Jacoby Ellsbury, but not as fast.

-Another thing to keep in mind with Stanton is that he'll likely be playing in a big market in 2016 (I'd bet Boston or Chicago). If that's the case, his cards will see a jump in value. Many people probably forget, but as late as 2012, you could pick up Miguel Cabrera autos for 5-15 all day long. Granted, his Triple Crown/MVP moved the needle quite a bit. That said, he had a lot of undervalued cards from his Marlins days (when he was a similar player to Stanton).
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*