`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what to do?

what to do?
A lot I won on ebay, shipped without additional stiffeners in a bubble envelope....

[Image: IMG_0005_zps3e3e1bc1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0006_zps951c8eb9.jpg]

What would you do? Return it for a refund? Keep it as is? Try to bend it back? Appreciate your input....

Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

RE: what to do?
If the lot was relatively inexpensive I would keep it and deal with it and try to fix as best as possible.

If the lot was somewhat pricey I would return for a refund.
Go Avs Go!

That sucks. It would depend on how much you want it. Personally, I would attempt to keep it with a partial refund. If seller balks on that, return it for a full refund.

Yes I would try to get some money back from him.

But on the lot not been sent with stiffeners in it--- I have had 3 Ebay orders that I bought in the last month that had a decoy card put in it and it still got bent.

Bend it back!
[Image: Signature.jpg]

PC's
Patrick Roy PC 966/7,265 = 13.30% Complete
Brandon Yip PC 101/183 = 55.19% Complete
Nick Palmieri 93/150 = 62.00% Complete

Unique Avs Cards = 1303
Unique Nordiques Cards = 1054

I would say that the general consensus is to try and get some coin back and do the best you can to bend it back into shape. For that I would suggest using a VERY flat surface, some wax paper as a scratch guard, and a VERY flat topper with a decent amount of weight. From there just let it rest for a while. Hopefully it all works out, Mark!

Randi

Update - I contacted the seller, sent these pictures and said I wasn't sure what to do about it.... he just refunded my payment. Thanks for the input!
Building sets, and collecting Alex Ovechkin, Calle Johansson,
Craig Laughlin and Braden Holtby

Doesn't anyone insure their shipping anymore? Unless it's like a $20 lot that I don't mind biting the price on should something go wrong, before I mail it, it's insured and tracked. This is for auctions and trades. It is a common courtesy. (But shipping internationally, all games are off. I can't afford insurance or tracking when the package crosses a border unless the cost to the buyer or trader is so high it ends up being prohibitive.)
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

that is still a bummer.. i had one guy do that for a set card out of 10 I was working on...
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)