Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
An Age Old Question Answered

An Age Old Question Answered
Good day, Beckett Community!

Where the heck is everyone? Haha! The preseason is only a few short weeks away, and I-for one-cannot wait to see what this year has in store! My Habs have made some very good changes, but also let some very good talent hit the road. Oh well... it will be interesting.

On to the topic at hand. Recently there have been some posts from members selling items (mem, customs, autoed pics, etc.) on the Boards that are not able to be inserted into the Organize. This was always a touchy subject, as nobody could be faulted for basically offering something that is not a part of the database. Well... I have received the answer to the question "is it okay to sell such items on the Boards?" Simple answer. No.

More complex answer. The transaction cannot be tracked through the site, thus negating the functionality of Beckett.com for said transaction. There would be no way for the other Mods or myself to follow the transaction, so the members would not be protected in any way. This creates an issue for the Admins and developers, as they will have to deal with some upset members should something go awry. It is a simple matter of Beckett not wanting to get into transactions that cannot be monitored, so that is where the auction sites come in.

It is a shame that a member is unable to offer a collector something that they found that would be an amazing addition to PC if it cannot be added to the Org., but legalities and confusion would stand in the way. Sorry to be the bearer of such unwanted news, but this is the way that it is.

Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

RE: An Age Old Question Answered
Go Habs Go!

I've often wondered about this same subject. I've been contacted about auto'd balls, pucks and other items that have no representation in the "organizer". I'm glad it's been addressed, and a statement has been made, even if I'm not 100% sure I agree with the decision.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

I'd be fine with this if beckett had a functioning site that actually allowed us to use the features we pay for.
but oh well, Rules are rules and who am i to break the rules.
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches

Can we sell the current Beckett Org in order to raise money for one that works properly? LOL!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

I can't trade on here no more without a subscription?!! I can't access some stuff.

Hey Randi,

Here is an idea that should be presented to the designers of the site. There is a very large database for cards that Beckett decidss to add when every new products are released. From what I have seen over the years there are always cards missing as the Beckett team in human. Why not add a misc section to the trade tool. This section could be for items that can be tracked that are not in the organizer. For example, when I look at the trade tool, there is a section to add CASH, this has to me manually entered. There is a section that we all use which is called comments. This feature would be the same thing as the comment section but would be used to trade, sell all these odd ball items that members have that other members would love to have. This way, the item can be logged in the trade and can be tracked. Obviously this would be a typed in description but it would be there, and if a description is not good enough, 95% of the members take pictures / scans of items anyway. Have a spot to up load a picture of the item being traded. Therefore member could trade these random odd ball items what ever they are. For me, I love the trade tool that Beckett has as I like the inventory feature to sort my collection but after that, doing trades can be very slow and time consuming. I am one that is bad as I have a lot of base cards that take time to go through unless you use the search features but even that can be tedious and a pain. I have traded with certain members of the boards that have over 100,000 cards listed and it takes a year to find anything as there are so many base (not trying to offend anyone here). This would be a great addition to the tool (the misc. line addition) and could potentially bring some members back to the site and trade here.

Just some thoughts to be considered and my opinion on this matter.

Now for the first part of you post, I myself cannot wait for the start of the hockey season. I am hoping that my Flyers kick some butt.

Chris
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"