`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
bought 500+ cards for 6 cents each and found these.

bought 500+ cards for 6 cents each and found these.
I recently bought a binder of over 500 Napoleon Kaufman cards for $30 and found these in there. Everything was in outstanding condition. Close to 100 RC's Alot of the top RC's and parallels. Tons and tons of mid range parallels and inserts and also found these.

99 donruss elite primary colors red #ed/25 $60.00.
3 jersey cards. Silver patch is rare.
98 staduim club first day issue #ed/200
2000 upperdeck mvp gold script #ed/100

The cool card I found was the 99 donruss stat line ERROR without stamping on the back.

[Image: kjj010_zps00c26468.jpg]
[Image: kjj007_zps5766fec3.jpg]
[Image: kjj008_zps41284013.jpg]
[Image: kjj009_zps8e21cc07.jpg]
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

RE: bought 500+ cards for 6 cents each and found these.
Real Nice Find!!
Mostly football and a set builder

Best $0.06/per card you ever spent!
I collect Derek Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr., and Philadelphia Eagles autographed graded cards!

(09-13-2014, 03:12 PM)cgod26 Wrote: I recently bought a binder of over 500 Napoleon Kaufman cards for $30...
That's one less Kaufman collector you won't need to compete against. It's like when one bigger company buys out the assets of another which is going out of business.

It's fun buying and then looking through large card lots of players you collect when you do not know the contents beforehand. So do you hoard your player collection duplicates like I do?
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

(09-13-2014, 05:00 PM)nittany13 Wrote: That's one less Kaufman collector you won't need to compete against. It's like when one bigger company buys out the assets of another which is going out of business.

It's fun buying and then looking through large card lots of players you collect when you do not know the contents beforehand. So do you hoard your player collection duplicates like I do?
lol. that's funny.

I almost thought I found the 1995 classic 5 sport silver signature die cut, but there was a silver signature non die-cut right next to 2 regular die-cuts. lol.

I never really hoarded any of kaufman's cards. I just seem to get duplicates on accident buying random lots that has a nice card I want in it. I have recently started going through my duplicates just to see if I can put together a duplicate set just for fun. It's amazing how many extras I have. I would say I went through a good 5000+ cards and I seemed to have exactly 1 extra of almost every base and low-mid end insert and parallel. I think I have close to 900 different kaufman's on my second set so far. I try to buy the really rare ones if I can get them cheap but I may have 3 of a really rare card but that's rare.

I used to have a very complete kaufman card collection and when I went through a divorce, 2 of my most prized boxes disappeared. I think I have a good idea where they went, but everyone played the dumb card. I had 2 1/1's in there that I still have not seen. I kept my RC box and 2 large duplicate boxes. I stopped collecting for many years because of that but with my duplicate boxes and rebuying older low numbered cards over the past few years, I've been able to replace almost everything I lost. The one the bugs me the most is the 1997 metal green precious metal #ed/15. I had it, and have not been able to recover another one. That's why it's my most sought after one. I think I had a playoff absolute honors #ed/10 in there too but I can't be 100% certain.

Here is any interesting card that I found while sorting my cards. I have a half dozens of these blue colored stamped visions cards but one is purple. At first I thought that maybe the printer made a mistake and the blue was fading making the stamp purple but at the bottom of the card, the blue is the same rich colored blue on both cards. The scans aren't the best, but the purple is a solid purple and very noticably different. The backs of the cards are identical in color. kaufman's pants seem to match the purple in color better than they do on the blue card which makes me think that the blue may be getting saturated a little but doesn't explain why the blue is prefectly matched in the stamp for "napoleon" at bottom of card. Has anyone else ever seen a purple version of this card?? It's the 1996 classic visions freshman futures.

[Image: jj004_zpsb0e4d790.jpg]

Hell of a find man congrats!
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

Awesome... I've had a few of those along the way and they really kickstart things. Those non serial numbered stat line cards seem to be as common as the other version... not sure why though.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --

(09-13-2014, 05:57 PM)cgod26 Wrote: lol. that's funny.

I almost thought I found the 1995 classic 5 sport silver signature die cut, but there was a silver signature non die-cut right next to 2 regular die-cuts. lol.

I never really hoarded any of kaufman's cards. I just seem to get duplicates on accident buying random lots that has a nice card I want in it. I have recently started going through my duplicates just to see if I can put together a duplicate set just for fun. It's amazing how many extras I have. I would say I went through a good 5000+ cards and I seemed to have exactly 1 extra of almost every base and low-mid end insert and parallel. I think I have close to 900 different kaufman's on my second set so far. I try to buy the really rare ones if I can get them cheap but I may have 3 of a really rare card but that's rare.

I used to have a very complete kaufman card collection and when I went through a divorce, 2 of my most prized boxes disappeared. I think I have a good idea where they went, but everyone played the dumb card. I had 2 1/1's in there that I still have not seen. I kept my RC box and 2 large duplicate boxes. I stopped collecting for many years because of that but with my duplicate boxes and rebuying older low numbered cards over the past few years, I've been able to replace almost everything I lost. The one the bugs me the most is the 1997 metal green precious metal #ed/15. I had it, and have not been able to recover another one. That's why it's my most sought after one. I think I had a playoff absolute honors #ed/10 in there too but I can't be 100% certain.

Here is any interesting card that I found while sorting my cards. I have a half dozens of these blue colored stamped visions cards but one is purple. At first I thought that maybe the printer made a mistake and the blue was fading making the stamp purple but at the bottom of the card, the blue is the same rich colored blue on both cards. The scans aren't the best, but the purple is a solid purple and very noticably different. The backs of the cards are identical in color. kaufman's pants seem to match the purple in color better than they do on the blue card which makes me think that the blue may be getting saturated a little but doesn't explain why the blue is prefectly matched in the stamp for "napoleon" at bottom of card. Has anyone else ever seen a purple version of this card?? It's the 1996 classic visions freshman futures.

[Image: jj004_zpsb0e4d790.jpg]
I don't purposely buy duplicates of the players that I collect either, unless it is a rare one at a price that is a steal. In the past I have bought player card lots though if a card is featured that I really want. Sometimes I will find a base card in that lot that I do not have in my collection while at other times I will also find one that is in better condition than the one I already own. I still have never sold any of my duplicates though but I change my mind one day.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

I agree it's difficult to sell the duplicates of the player you collect. I have traded away quite a few duplicates for other cards I needed. But now, I need alot of the duplicates I traded away for my second set I'm working on for fun.

You could always start the psa registry master set... just in case you want to spend hours on end looking for the perfect card. It's a ton of work, but flipping through the cards in their cases and remembering all the suffering you did to find them makes it worth it.
You also have a mini savings account that you can cash in once you get one that is graded highly enough because you can sell all the others. In turn, you then put that money right back in and the cycle continues LOL.
#1 on the PSA Registry Marino Master set
* Always buying ANY reasonably priced Marino card(s) I don't already have *
-- WANT LIST LINK --