`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
WHO DO YOU ENJOY COLLECTING???

RE: WHO DO YOU ENJOY COLLECTING???
appreciate everyone taking the time to comment and looking forward to searching my collection for your players this weekend!
Thx!
John

photo BECKETTSIG-1.jpg

Tom brady for me. I actually found this thread by doing a search for all posts that have Tom brady in it. LOL. I know technically you don't get supercollector status until you have a certain amount of a player's cards but since brady is the only person I collect I would call myself one. Always looking for any cards I don't have and with brady playing for as long as he has that is A LOT of cards. Haha.

Great thread. I would consider myself more of a team collector than a player collector, although I do try to focus on certain players from my team. I collect San Diego Chargers cards. I actually enjoy collecting more of the low end stuff (I love cool looking inserts and such) rather than the high end stuff (mainly because of budget I guess). Usually try to focus on current players but will pretty much collect anything from any era as long as the player has seen some significant time playing with the team.

Thanks!
[Image: twobrosbanner.png]
Inventory with Scans (Working on updating)

I collect Steven Jackson, Kurt Warner, and Marshall Faulk plus Rams aything I can get that I don't have.
[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

I have recently whittled my player collecting down to one guy--Mike Alstott. He currently has 1789 cards listed on Beckett; so far I have 1060 of those. Of course this is not counting 1 of 1's, of which there are 166. I only have one of those.

I got back into the game last year, after 6-7 years away, so I am playing catch-up. I only had a couple of hundred Alstott's when I returned to the hobby, so I feel good to already have more than half of his listed items.

The problem I am running into now is that the same cards (I have) are popping up over and over, while the cards I am missing are showing up at a rate of like, 4-5 per week, if that. At this rate it feels like it will take me another 10 years to finish. And I don't even think about the 1 of 1's. I have written those off as forever in somebody's PC. Only two have popped up since I started collecting again--I missed one and snagged one.

Great thread, by the way.
"A collection isn't a collection unless you have some of everything." ~kollectornet

Anything Twins, Vikings and North Stars/Wild. Specifically though, Randy Moss, John Randle, Cris Carter, Kirby Puckett, Doug Mientkiewicz, Torii Hunter, Mike Modano and Neal Broten.

Any new card I find is awesome!
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

I like collecting Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck and starting a T.Y. Hilton pc. I try to get low-end base or mid/high end base that are numbered (Supreme, Triple Threads and Five Star).

Patrick Willis and Denard Robinson are my two P.C. guys and I will pick up anything of them.

I like turtles Smile

And fishies.... all fishes.... buy em all... I see em I like em I buy em. Pretty simple ....lol

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's