`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
WHO DO YOU ENJOY COLLECTING???

WHO DO YOU ENJOY COLLECTING???
I am not referring to the AUTO snobs, I am referring to the true collector that enjoys the hunt and trading for certain players cards from base, SP & inserts to build their PC...I know there is a main thread above about who collects what players but that doesn't show who is still active on here. So below, name a few players you enjoy looking for low end cards of so I can check what I have and add to my Org to offer you. Part of what I enjoy about trading is getting cards I own to people that would appreciate owning them more and vice versa. List away! Retired, Active, HOF players, even players from a favorite college. LMK, thanks!
Thx!
John

photo BECKETTSIG-1.jpg

RE: WHO DO YOU ENJOY COLLECTING???
This thread should probably be moved to the regular forum, not the trade forum. I will answer though! I consider myself a true collector and believe that people who ONLY collect high end of a certain player only do it for the value and future resale. I collect ANY card my player has out there. I collect Oregon Ducks, Beavers, and players from any Oregon university, like Julius Thomas who came out of Portland State. I also collect Thurman Thomas, Marshall Faulk, Reggie Bush, Vernon Davis, Matt Schaub and Gabbert.
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

I absolutely love collecting. I enjoy the hunt for cards I've been looking for for years in hopes of finding even that one card I need to complete my player collection. I've gone years without finding a single card, so when I find one, I get that adrenaline rush in hopes that I can win an auction or make a trade. It's funny how the crappiest card can be a jackpot to someone else. That's why I wish low end cards were listed more. Today I received a card in the mail I needed for my collection. It's the first one I've found in probably a year. I'm so excited!! Go Raiders!!
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

great responses! I knew there had to be true collectors on here as well. CGOD2, you nailed it. Will search my collection for both of you in the next few days. Sweet.
Thx!
John

photo BECKETTSIG-1.jpg

I too love to collect just about anything. I still try to put sets together just to have the satisfaction of completing a set. I have collected Jerry Rice in the past and have over 1200 different cards of his. After seeing how many autos/jersey/#'d cards of his there were and the rice I knew I needed to switch or I would go broke.

I decided last year to start collecting my favorite current NFL player, Lavonte David. I have almost 200 of his 400+ cards so far which I thought was pretty good for only collecting him for the past year. I love the hunt of finding rare cards and the low end base stuff I am still missing. I am not doing any of the 1/1's cause I figure it would be too hard and too costly to get a lot of them (got three small children to spend money on). I will try to get at least one just to have one but its much more fun for me to find other random ones.

I love the thrill of the hunt as well. I'm on a budget, so I focus on getting everything I can more so than going for high end stuff. I have a PC addiction that keeps growing lol. I collect Barry Sanders first and foremost. 1,000+ different cards (pales in comparison to HT, but I'm slowly gaining ground!). Next up is ANYONE who has played for the University of Alabama (in pro OR college uniform). Tom Brady comes third, and Randy Moss Brings up the rear. Also starting small PCs of Bo(NOT IN AUBURN JERSEY), Deion and Frank Thomas. Would love anything big or small for any of these PCs. I'd be sure to return the favor Smile good thread.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

I love the thrill of getting a new card for my pc! That's one more check mark off the old check list. I get the same excitement out of refractors or rcs I need as the 1/1's. And I need a lot lol. I collect trent Richardson and edgerrin james. Ive only been collecting trent for about 6months and wish it was longer but you have to start somewhere I guess.
~ \\ * Collecting Jeff George * // ~

University of Wisconsin alums. Any and all. Just passed 4,000 unique cards (over 5K total). I collect all the base --tons of 5 cent Tim Krumrie,Paul Gruber, Troy Vincent, and others from the 80s/90s all the way up to whatever high-end I can get. Like foley--budget plays a big part. I stopped buying new cards a couple years ago, so my trade 'bait' is pretty minimal, except for those interested in the full gamut of cards. Cuz that's what I've got.
Always interested in any Wisco alums I don't have.
[Image: banner2_zpsa33ddbe8.jpg]
The Wisconsin Collection

Aside from set building I like to pick up Alshon Jeffery, Kurt Warner (preference on Rams 1999-2001), Peerless Price, and Johnny Knox though the latter two have cooled since they retired years ago.

Absolutely LOVE getting new Edge of any variety- my primary targets are 99 I don't have, though (as you can see in my sig Wink ). Started in 04, had to sell off some really rare stuff when I hit a rough patch, then picked up again about a year ago when I had the urge to search ebay for 99 Edgerrin and bought the Donruss Stat Line Season /4! Prefer to trade like for like, mostly, but I'll trade down if it's a card I know the other person could use for their PC.

For me, collecting is a blessing and a curse from a financial perspective- my want list keeps getting shorter, but my budget doesn't get any bigger! Trading cards to someone that will appreciate them more, getting an Edge card I don't have, and saving both sides money are the of the biggest perks of trading. The thrill of the deal is great as well- it's fun to get multiple trades going in order to end up with a PC card, everyone wins!