Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake?

RE: Fake?
To me they are fake all the way......
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

I have a bit of a different take on this. I agree that this card is probably fake all the way for all the reasons that have been listed. Therefore to me the price tag listed in the auction is unreasonable. I have found all sorts of "proofs" and "test cards" for my main PC guy, Tim Wakefield over the past few years and similarly they are from mid-90s basics design cards. I take it like this, my goal in collecting is to have a unique, expansive collection. I've bought some of these, for loooow prices only, if I like them. Of course I'll spend most of my time, energy and money into licensed, legitimate releases, but if my ultimate goal is to acquire different, stuff I find to be cool, I dont necessarily care if its "fake" I wouldnt take the BIN price on that thing ever but value is relative from person to person. The fact the the seller is allegedly being deceitful is pretty shameful and should probably be slapped around if it is in fact true, but in the end for a lower price if I was a Mo collector I might buy it just because its kinda neat and different.
Tim Wakefield
656/839 78%
617/643 96% Non 1 of 1s
67/93 Autos
46/60 Memorabilia
39 one of ones

(09-08-2014, 10:56 PM)bondssf2425 Wrote: ... I take it like this, my goal in collecting is to have a unique, expansive collection. I've bought some of these, for loooow prices only, if I like them. Of course I'll spend most of my time, energy and money into licensed, legitimate releases, but if my ultimate goal is to acquire different, stuff I find to be cool, I dont necessarily care if its "fake" ...
I agree with this. If it's a card and it pictures one of my PC guys, it doesn't go in my fireproof safe but it still goes in my player collection as a unique card. I have many unlicensed "Broder" cards and "magazine" cards in my collection and I personally think many of them are very cool.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html