IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2014 Topps Chrome & Bowman Platinum hits ... So far

My 2014 Topps Chrome & Bowman Platinum hits ... So far
Here's what I got from Platinum retail.
[Image: null_zps043841eb.jpg]

And here's a mix of what I pulled from 2 hobby boxes and several retail Blasters of Chrome.
[Image: null_zpsc16df190.jpg]

I Might get a few more retail blasters of Platinum. I think I'm done with Topps Chrome, except for a couple of spots in a case break, that I regret buying into. I have a feeling I'm going to get totally skunked! I bought the Marlins and Rays ... But they're not breaking until all spots are sold. Is that a common practice 'thing' or unique to this case breaker.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: My 2014 Topps Chrome & Bowman Platinum hits ... So far
Is the Marisnick auto ft?
[Image: OKimtze.png]

(09-08-2014, 01:15 AM)minitracer Wrote: Is the Marisnick auto ft?
If I get dupes in the case break, it will be. Smile
Sorry, but for now, most Marlins and Yankees are PC.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Nice break in retail. Most of the stores that do case breaks sell all the spots first before they open the product.

(09-08-2014, 02:39 PM)franciscomarina Wrote: Nice break in retail. Most of the stores that do case breaks sell all the spots first before they open the product.
Thanks. Yeah, some of my retail hits have been better than my Hobby box hits.
And thanks again, I wasn't sure about the case break. I thought if a spot didn't sell, they kept the unsold team spots for themselves.

I watched my case break last night. I had the Marlins and the Rays and the 2 spots combined cost me $50. I did okay, got a Rays Auto and a Marlins auto, a black parallel & tons of base/base refractors. So I got 3 hits for the cost of a little more than two blasters or slightly less than a hobby. I'll let you know who I 'broke' with after I get the cards and if I'm happy with their service. But they seem reputable.

wow, you are killing the retail. I haven't hit an auto yet. I guess I now know where they all are!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

(09-09-2014, 06:35 AM)homerjg007 Wrote: wow, you are killing the retail. I haven't hit an auto yet. I guess I now know where they all are!
That's how I feel with Prizm this year. Been buying retail, no autos, no s/n cards, nothing except Paul Konerko USA cards. Sure, I pulled some decent RW&B cards (Tanaka & Abreu) but zilch, nada, nothing else.

I have only hit about 2 autos in my life from retail. Guess they don't like Waco Texas to much haha! Lots of ink in those pictures though, looks good!
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%

(09-09-2014, 09:30 AM)Gtbrian23 Wrote: I have only hit about 2 autos in my life from retail. Guess they don't like Waco Texas to much haha! Lots of ink in those pictures though, looks good!
Platinum was all retail. (Also, not pictured, Baez redemption)
Chrome had 4 autos coming from 2 hobby. The rest were all retail.
My platinum luck was outstanding, IMO.