`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Starting my own card company - first offering inside!

RE: Starting my own card company - first offering inside!
(09-07-2014, 09:33 AM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: Nice card, sort of reminds me of 2005 Donruss Signature for some reason. What are your plan s for the auto portion? A book card perhaps?
Thanks guys! The auto will probably be a big card like 4x6 or 3x5 etc.

BTW, here is a pic of the back!

[Image: 20140907_172756.jpg]
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile
www.TanManBaseballFan.com
Do you have rare Jose Canseco cards? Let me know!
Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict

(09-07-2014, 05:56 PM)mouschi3 Wrote: Thanks guys! The auto will probably be a big card like 4x6 or 3x5 etc.

BTW, here is a pic of the back!

[Image: 20140907_172756.jpg]
I think mouschi3 is extremely talented.

Personally, I can see his work being highly sought after; no reason he couldn't be the "Dick Perez" of art/custom cards.

Just my opinion...
[Image: hamiltonfanbanner.jpg]

Always buying Josh Hamilton Items - especially printing plates - low
numbered items - Finders fees given for Hamilton 1/1's and rare items found that are not on ebay.

Amazing!!!! Why don't you really start a new card company? you will have long list of buyers Smile

@hamiltonfan - I take that as a high compliment, thank you.
@sirgabel - I'm actually considering! Smile
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 - Questions about this? PM ME! Smile

I saw that card on eBay over the weekend and thought of you. However the back of the card on eBay looks different. I like the back shown here MUCH better, as it shows the original hat. By the way, seeing that game used autograph hat get cut-up definitely got me cringing as a fan of Pudge. I would definitely rather have that whole hat than just the button.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(09-08-2014, 08:25 AM)djohn Wrote: I saw that card on eBay over the weekend and thought of you. However the back of the card on eBay looks different. I like the back shown here MUCH better, as it shows the original hat. By the way, seeing that game used autograph hat get cut-up definitely got me cringing as a fan of Pudge. I would definitely rather have that whole hat than just the button.
Yup, I changed it out - sorry to make you cringe Smile But everything, imo is better in card form!

I can't leave well enough alone ... I got a little more artsy today. I decided I was going to redo the card since I wasn't happy with a few things. While I was at it, I tried on a few different ideas:

1) make the outside of the patch box the hat picture
2) give it a catchy / cheesy name

So ladies and gentlemen, I present to you ... FAME WORN (haha)

[Image: 20140908_172905.jpg]

COMPLETELY unsure if I'm going to ditch the first design in lieu of this, but I did want to try it. I think it came out cool! I'm just not sure if I like the concept more than the design.

Are you able to make a 2012 Allen Ginter front and back of my Uncle is I email you a pic and info for back. And how much do you charge or do you take cards? Thanks (PM please)

It looks like the original design is preferred 75/25, so I switched it back, only with a few enhancements.

I ditched Fame Worn and went with Relics of the Game
I kept it more simple up top
The back has a half picture of the hat
I mourned the loss of my idea of carrying the picture of the hat throughout the picture . Don't worry though - if you were in the 25% of those who liked it, fear not! I will use that type of concept at some point! Smile

[Image: 20140909_140054.jpg]

[Image: 20140909_140107.jpg]

I've been able to secure a real picture of Pudge that is usable for my design.

[Image: 20140910_080156.jpg]