`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Which is better: Screw-In or Magnetic card holders?

Which is better: Screw-In or Magnetic card holders?
Was looking at the magnetic card holders on Ebay since the hobby shops in my area don't carry them. I've been using the BCW screw-in holders for my autos for about a year and a half now and I heard the magnetic holders are better. Is there a preference as to which card holder is better?

RE: Which is better: Screw-In or Magnetic card holders?
I think some people say that the screw holders had issues damaging cards at times, but I could be wrong. I use magnetic holders just for ease of use.

Just make sure to get the right one for the thickness of your card and use a premium penny sleeve as well. You would not want the card to stick to the holder!!
Mostly football and a set builder

magnetic holders are the better ones to use, the screw down can damage cards edges/surface sticking issue over time. I use neither of them as I just use the regular top loaders.
Selling my org out
Rolleyes

Penny sleeve in a mag holder? Doesn't that leave too much room for it to move around?

(09-06-2014, 10:52 AM)savagenate Wrote: Penny sleeve in a mag holder? Doesn't that leave too much room for it to move around?
I was thinking the same thing about the penny sleeve. I don't think I've seen any cards with sleeves inside a card holder like that. But so far, I haven't had any sticking/damage issues with the screw holders since I've been pretty good with getting the right type of pt. holders for my cards.

I've been using BCW screw downs my whole life and I have never had a problem. I recently pulled cards I had in the screw downs for over a decade and I had zero sticking or damage. As long as you store them in a average temperature and use the correct thickness holder, they should be fine. If you have any resistance at all when closing the case, you are using the wrong thickness and should go up a thickness. Also, make sure you get the holders with the corners cut out so your cards corners don't get dinged.
[Image: FINAL%20BECKETT%20BANNER_zps7fydiu6h.png][/URL]
NAPOLEON KAUFMAN SUPER COLLECTOR
1177/1199 (98.2%) + 10/85 (11.8%) TRUE 1/1's = 1187/1284 (92.4%) TOTAL

ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY OR TRADE FOR KAUFMAN WANTS ANY RARES.

I use these….

[Image: 8826A04D-F16B-49DD-A85D-616D475430ED-332...aad34b.jpg]

Opening some cards that have been in em for a little over 5 years and no problems…

Then I use a graded bag over them to protect the mage itself as well as to prevent it from opening and helps to prevent some moisture from getting in.

[Image: 7A42CDC1-DEA0-4CF4-9FA6-022F7F3842E3-299...09d9bf.jpg]

this is just my preference Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

Yeah, I was looking at those on Ebay since they got a few lots on there. But I do make sure that I have the right thickness based on my cards. Majority of my autos use anywhere from 80 pt. to 120pt. holders. But I recently got a Topps Five Star jersey auto and sucker is thick! So now, I'm back on Ebay.

(09-06-2014, 11:34 AM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I use these….

[Image: 8826A04D-F16B-49DD-A85D-616D475430ED-332...aad34b.jpg]

Opening some cards that have been in em for a little over 5 years and no problems…

Then I use a graded bag over them to protect the mage itself as well as to prevent it from opening and helps to prevent some moisture from getting in.

[Image: 7A42CDC1-DEA0-4CF4-9FA6-022F7F3842E3-299...09d9bf.jpg]

this is just my preference Smile

Phinz, how do you keep them all clean?! lol