`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Latest BGS Submission W/Pics + Cool Story

Latest BGS Submission W/Pics + Cool Story
I received my latest submission. I focused primarily on MJ cards along with some Klays. I had a cool story with the submission. I purchased the Retro Scoring Kings MJ for $20 on Ebay! I saw that it popped up and was labeled Michael Jordan Retro. The guy had a starting bid of $15 and a Buy It Now option of $20. I quickly emailed him and asked if both cards were pictured (the Scoring Kings and a base MJ). He replied instantly and said yes. I paid instantly but almost did not expect to receive the cards. To my luck I did! I sent it in for grading and this is what it came back as! Mind you these cards were selling for $60-80 at the time I purchased mine!

[Image: Scan5_zpsc7a750bd.jpg]

Here are the rest of my MJ cards. The Electric Court cards are all the Gold Parallel.
[Image: Scan1_zps73859f10.jpg]

[Image: Scan2_zps18496cbd.jpg]

[Image: Scan3_zps1df4e177.jpg]

[Image: Scan4_zps85f96603.jpg]

Here are my Klay card and one of my HOF autos!

[Image: Scan6_zps73fd3f12.jpg]
The Monumental Marks is /25 and the Gold Rush is /20.
[Image: Scan7_zps0616a89a.jpg]

[Image: Nick.jpg]

RE: Latest BGS Submission W/Pics + Cool Story
Nice work!

$20 for Retro Scoring King is stupid cheap and to have it grade 9.5 is just on another level.

Those Retro MJ 9.5's are great, I'm picking up a few for grading myself!
Collecting BGS 9.5 MJ 90's inserts

[Image: MJBGS95PC_zpsaa817dfe.jpg]

(09-06-2014, 01:28 AM)hegotgame1515 Wrote: Nice work!

$20 for Retro Scoring King is stupid cheap and to have it grade 9.5 is just on another level.

Those Retro MJ 9.5's are great, I'm picking up a few for grading myself!
Thanks man! It is tough to have a MJ story like that where you get a higher end card for $20!

I really like the retro cards for one simple reason: you can still pick up MJ cards when a product comes out! I also like the designs and they are doing a much better job at making the cards look authentic and like the original.

Nice stuff man! Can't wait to see mine!
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

Those Klays look great slabbed man! Nice stuff all around, the Ewing looks really nice too. What is the Klay Momentum #ed out of, and why did the Turn of the Century get knocked on the auto? Looks sharp and clear to me?
[Image: 23892124190_71315005dc_b.jpg]

(09-06-2014, 12:11 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: Nice stuff man! Can't wait to see mine!
Actually I have decided to keep your cards. Especially the AP auto Smile haha
(09-06-2014, 12:25 PM)TBarn291 Wrote: Those Klays look great slabbed man! Nice stuff all around, the Ewing looks really nice too. What is the Klay Momentum #ed out of, and why did the Turn of the Century get knocked on the auto? Looks sharp and clear to me?
Thanks man, I was happy with the results! The Klay Monumental card is number /25. As far as the Turn of the Century, I am not quite sure. I was telling Jason (avaitorshades) that I was shocked it got a 9.5. When I got it in the mail I pulled it out of the sleeve and slightly bend the bottom right edge. I carefully bent it back but it was still very obvious (or at least to me). Apparently it was not a big concern as the edge grade was still high! It is crazy though because I can still see the slightly raised edge and how it is not like that on the opposite side. So maybe they docked me down on the auto grade to balance out the freebie they gave me on the edge subgrade.