`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
topps chrome jumbo? really?

topps chrome jumbo? really?
topps chrome jumbo??? $199.00?? come on topps!-i guess if u are after the hard to get chase cards and can afford a few cases to get one then great
but for me it doesn't add up, comparatively to just a regular old fashioned hobby box of topps chrome,i.e.

tc hobby box 24 packs 2 autos 96 cards total price $63
tc "jumbo box" 12 packs (13 cards ea.) 5 autos 156 cards price $$$199.00

so in summary i can buy 2 and a half (or probably less to get to that 5th auto) boxes of hobby (24 packs ea.) and attain my 5 autos and come away with 240 cards total (84 cards more than "jumbo") and i actually have 3 shots (3 different boxes) at an abreu auto or multiple abreu autos

doesn't make sense to me ,but i'm probably missing something
also i forgot my price comparison point you can but 3+ hobby boxes for less than 1 "jumbo"
btw 1 have only bought 3 packs of chrome and it was junk (disappointed waited months for it)

RE: topps chrome jumbo? really?
(09-02-2014, 09:51 PM)camco2 Wrote: topps chrome jumbo??? $199.00?? come on topps!-i guess if u are after the hard to get chase cards and can afford a few cases to get one then great
but for me it doesn't add up, comparatively to just a regular old fashioned hobby box of topps chrome,i.e.

tc hobby box 24 packs 2 autos 96 cards total price $63
tc "jumbo box" 12 packs (13 cards ea.) 5 autos 156 cards price $$$199.00

so in summary i can buy 2 and a half (or probably less to get to that 5th auto) boxes of hobby (24 packs ea.) and attain my 5 autos and come away with 240 cards total (84 cards more than "jumbo") and i actually have 3 shots (3 different boxes) at an abreu auto or multiple abreu autos

doesn't make sense to me ,but i'm probably missing something
also i forgot my price comparison point you can but 3+ hobby boxes for less than 1 "jumbo"
btw 1 have only bought 3 packs of chrome and it was junk (disappointed waited months for it)
You're right, it just doesn't add up. What's the missing piece to this? I never saw it advertised, but perhaps there's something exclusive to the Jumbo ?

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Your guaranteed 4 '89 chromes per jumbo as well, still not worh it lol.
If you see anything you want in any of my break posts and you have any Frank Thomas cards you are willing to trade please let me know.

Not only not worth the mney, but I watched Chris Justice open 5 bxes and every box only had 4 autos in it.

(09-03-2014, 10:53 PM)chrisjoy Wrote: Not only not worth the mney, but I watched Chris Justice open 5 bxes and every box only had 4 autos in it.
Was there anything special at all? Box loader? Exclusive color s/n card? Anything to justify the hefty price tag per jumbo box vs. the less cost of 3 regular Hobby boxes?
I realize that Topps can be stupid sometimes, but they're not Dumb. It just doesn't make sense.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(09-04-2014, 05:24 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Was there anything special at all? Box loader? Exclusive color s/n card? Anything to justify the hefty price tag per jumbo box vs. the less cost of 3 regular Hobby boxes?
I realize that Topps can be stupid sometimes, but they're not Dumb. It just doesn't make sense.
No, none of thosse things.

That's why I buy singles and save $$
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK