`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Topps Chrome Question

2014 Topps Chrome Question
I have been out of the Hobby for a few years and for old times sake i bought what people call a Blaster Box from a local retail store. It was a box of 2014 Topps Chrome with 7 packs and 1 bonus pack for 19.99. This is what i pulled.
1 Zack Greinke i think xfractor
2 silver refractor cards
1 Yadier Molina Topps Shelf
1 Felix Hernandez Die-Cut connections card
and all the rest, 27 of them, are Purple Refractor cards.
I'm a little confused. Are the purples the base set or is the base set still just regular silver like years past?

RE: 2014 Topps Chrome Question
you found a purple refractors hot box

(08-30-2014, 12:24 PM)scubadriver Wrote: I have been out of the Hobby for a few years and for old times sake i bought what people call a Blaster Box from a local retail store. It was a box of 2014 Topps Chrome with 7 packs and 1 bonus pack for 19.99. This is what i pulled.
1 Zack Greinke i think xfractor
2 silver refractor cards
1 Yadier Molina Topps Shelf
1 Felix Hernandez Die-Cut connections card
and all the rest, 27 of them, are Purple Refractor cards.
I'm a little confused. Are the purples the base set or is the base set still just regular silver like years past?
Well, that answers my question. The Hot Boxes do exist. It's on the top of the blaster box. It says "look for exclusive purple refractor hot boxes!"

Are the purple cards serial numbered, or the same as the purple cards that were in the separate silver foil bonus pack?
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

winner, winner - chicken dinner. Nice find!
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

Welcome back! I guess seeing that you are just getting back into it, it's a little beginners luck!

(08-31-2014, 06:20 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Well, that answers my question. The Hot Boxes do exist. It's on the top of the blaster box. It says "look for exclusive purple refractor hot boxes!"

Are the purple cards serial numbered, or the same as the purple cards that were in the separate silver foil bonus pack?
None of the cards are serial numbered so all the purples are the regular purple refractor cards. I didn't even notice that the box said ""look for exclusive purple refractor hot boxes" till you responded and pulled the box back out of the trash and saw it.
Looks like the Masahiro Tanaka was the best purple refractor pull.
Thanks for the info guys