`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 NEW TEAMS BY 2017?

RE: 4 NEW TEAMS BY 2017?
I would like to see a second team in Markham and one in Seattle.

Plans to build an NHL arena in Markham have stalled.

I, personally, don't like the idea of expansion at all. Do we really need more than 30 teams further diluting the quality of players entering the league?

I do like the idea of moving teams in non-performing markets to stronger markets i.e. Quebec and Toronto for sure. Seattle and Las Vegas are risky.

Two teams in an Original 6 city? I wonder how much of a draw that would be to Leafs fans.
Teemu count: 1642 different cards

Always looking for Selanne's
for my PC.

E-mail: suomibear8@aol.com

(09-06-2014, 06:41 PM)teemucollector8 Wrote: Two teams in an Original 6 city? I wonder how much of a draw that would be to Leafs fans.
The leafs sell out each and every night. There is a waiting list for season tickets. And the leafs have one of the most expensive tickets - because they can. A team in Markham provides additional opportunities to actually see a game in Toronto and IMO will not affect leaf ticket sales. the rivalry will be a win/win.

Ill tale that bet lol, call 2 western teams to even up the conferences, so Seattle and Vegas.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

I would just add 2 teams and put them in Quebec and Seattle.

Mike
[Image: new-york-skyline-day-panorama_zps1b18efc9.jpg]

Collects NY Yankees, NY Jets, NY Knicks, NY Islanders and NJ Devils as well as players in signature

(09-01-2014, 05:21 PM)franktoronto Wrote: I, personally, don't like the idea of expansion at all. Do we really need more than 30 teams further diluting the quality of players entering the league?
I agree with this. Gives more opportunity to younger players and with 4 more teams adds another 100 players to the NHL but Talent is already thin....
I would rather see 2 teams be eliminated than go expansion
[Image: SCC3.gif]