`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
ebay sellers - question for you

ebay sellers - question for you
So, this isn't specifically about football cards, but I trust your opinions on stuff so figured I'd ask.

I recently sold a few things on eBay, and one took up 2 large flat rate boxes. I stated I'd be sending it with insurance and tracking. Anyhow, so it gets to its destination on the 22nd, but is now currently at "Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available)" with no updates. I assume this means that they haven't gone and picked it up yet. The sucky thing is, since I don't have 25 sales yet (close, but not quite), I have to wait until 9/1 for it the payment to clear into my account, unless it's delivered and it's upped to 3 days later.

Now, here's my question, if this sits at the PO for 15 days and is returned to me, how does that work in regards to the transaction? I would figure I refund the money, but at that point I would open myself up for a negative feedback which I do NOT want (I've been on eBay since 1999 and have never had one). If I do get it back and refund, I'm able to relist, right? I may not have to deal with it, they may actually go and pick it up, who knows, but when you spend almost 500 dollars on something, why would you let it sit at the PO for 4 days, especially if you wanted it bad enough that you did the BIN with only 30 minutes of the auction time elapsed?

RE: ebay sellers - question for you
Have you messaged the buyer through ebay to see what was going on with their end? Maybe something didn't get updated at the Post Office. Or maybe they don't know that the notice was left.
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

I've had that happen once. I messaged the buyer after a few days and it turns out he was on vacation and had asked the PO to hold any packages delivered to him. There is the possibility also that the buyer discarded the notice as junk mail. In either case, I would certainly follow up with the buyer.
[Image: alanch-1.png]
-Banner Courtesy of rogue655-

Jim Leonhard Needs:
2005 Longevity Holofoil /25
2009 SPx Super Scripts Autographs Eight /8

Joel Effertz Needs:
2013 Bowman Draft Black Paper /1, Black Plate /1, Cyan Plate /1

(08-26-2014, 11:07 AM)alanch Wrote: I've had that happen once. I messaged the buyer after a few days and it turns out he was on vacation and had asked the PO to hold any packages delivered to him. There is the possibility also that the buyer discarded the notice as junk mail. In either case, I would certainly follow up with the buyer.
Pretty much what alanch said- there could be a number of reasons they haven't picked it up ranging from hospitalization to vacation. As the seller, you have access to the buyer's e-mail and phone number... if you've messaged over ebay and haven't received a reply, escalate to contacting them at via their additional info.. Personally, I wouldn't see that as an invasion of my privacy as much as good customer service/follow up.

Thanks guys, knew there was a reason I posted this here Smile I sent a message through eBay a little bit ago, hopefully they respond.

Lol messaged them about it then they went and picked it up

Haha, wow! Well, at least it all worked out drama free.

Yeah, I agree. I've heard so many horror stories about selling on eBay that I was concerned. But, I've done 4 sales recently that have gone off without a hitch and have another 7 up right now Smile hope that streak continues!