`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
My happy place!

RE: My happy place!
been on here for almost 5 years. and yes its declined in traders. but the ones that have remained, are true to the hobby of collecting and trading. thanks

(08-25-2014, 09:39 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Hmmm so you didn't get my goldy yet?
Got the Goldschmidt today. Will be sending you something for it. Thanks

Excellent thread +1. It sounds like in your OP that you were talking about Blowout forums but I could be wrong lol.
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

(08-26-2014, 01:18 PM)manningsecnumbr1fan Wrote: Excellent thread +1. It sounds like in your OP that you were talking about Blowout forums but I could be wrong lol.
Yeah, it's a good place to pick up deals when people need paypal but that's about it. LOL
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

This has been my happy place for years...through heartbreak and cards stolen this site always pulled through for me....My job recently got a take over and needless to say it was a hostile take over and many of us were fired (laid off) It was so terrible that they froze all the accounts and no one got paid...I am struggling right now but I still have my head up high and hopes that everything gets better. So yea this place is my happy place in more ways than one.
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

+1 agree with all of you, Ive never traded on here, buy I try to remain active in the forums even though Ive been using another site recently where I added 3000+ cards already, but this is always the place I come to whenever I need to get my mind out of other things. Keep the forums flowing!! And Ive also learned a lot from some folks here, great place in every sense.
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

(08-26-2014, 05:17 PM)yankeeempire Wrote: This has been my happy place for years...through heartbreak and cards stolen this site always pulled through for me....My job recently got a take over and needless to say it was a hostile take over and many of us were fired (laid off) It was so terrible that they froze all the accounts and no one got paid...I am struggling right now but I still have my head up high and hopes that everything gets better. So yea this place is my happy place in more ways than one.
I sure hope everything works out for you. Cards have gotten me through a lot.

A few months ago my wife and I went through a tough financial period and I had to sell almost all my cards. The day I dropped them all at the post office I came home down and I had decided to stay out of the hobby. So anyway I get home and there was a large package of reds cards waiting for me from a member here.

Made me smile and gave me cards to sort again. There is some amazing people here for sure.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

The one really good thing about the recent changes is that most of the people that remain log in pretty frequently. Names i don't recognize from the forums are responding to and sending some offers here and there. And the thing i like most is that a lot of the super negative people seem to have flown the coop.
Kepler

I love this site, I tried to get into blowout but its just full of crazy people and scammers. I really hope this site gains more traders over time.
[Image: KErsahw1fw_zpsd1e78d4f.png]

When I first started here, all I heard about were complaints about this person screwing over that person, trades being made, but they couldn't decide who should send first, and the people dropping out of site for months at a time in the middle of trades ... Needless to say, I was always hesitant to trade. But since 'The Beckett Implosion of 2014' there seems to be very little complaining and more fun. Less trading, but better quality trading. Quality over Quantity seems like a winning exchange every time.

I've apologized before for my low trading activity level before (10 trades in 3 years?) and I apologize again ... but I know I procrastinate, I wait for pricing to come out, then can't find my cards (they're all over the house and office), and never have time to package things up and get to the PO, so I try not to commit to a trade unless I'm ready to roll with it out the door.
On top of that I have my practice and I'm studying for the USMLE test in Dec. So ... Sorry once again. I'll try to be more active in 2015 (that'll be my New Years Resolution!)
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.