`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needs some help identifying (2) 2014 A&G cards I pulled

Needs some help identifying (2) 2014 A&G cards I pulled
First one is a normal sized base Desmond Jennings card. It has no number on the back and the only no number listing/odds I can find are for mini's, yet this is not a mini.

Also another odd situation with a Bryce Harper mini that also does not have a number on the back, but it also has a A&G back, and its not serial numbered. From what I can find no number mini's are supposed to be #'d/50, yet mine is not.

Can upload pictures if needed when I wake up. Thanks for any knowledge/help in advance.
If you see anything you want in any of my break posts and you have any Frank Thomas cards you are willing to trade please let me know.

RE: Needs some help identifying (2) 2014 A&G cards I pulled
the harper: the minis have a print run of 50, but are not serial numbered

pete can help you with the first/confirm the second

The Desmond NNO base cards are all like that, not sure if it was on purpose or not but it has no premium, just a curiosity.
The Harper A&G back NNO is the actual NNO parallel, the print run is stated as 50 as jacoby mentioned
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

I have the Jennings too, was also curious.

(08-25-2014, 11:43 AM)wordsense Wrote: I have the Jennings too, was also curious.
Someone mentioned that the Jennings NNO'S are part of the Ginter Code Clues.
Unconfirmed, but very possible.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-25-2014, 12:05 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Someone mentioned that the Jennings NNO'S are part of the Ginter Code Clues.
Unconfirmed, but very possible.
Unrelated note, I just read some comments you made about a Daniel Nava Playoff Beard relic card in the October issue of Beckett lol funny stuff, but most importantly TRUE.

Zeprock also had a funny comment.

As far as the Jennings being part of this years code, I think Topps has suspended this years code until someone breaks the code from 2013 A&G which still hasn't been done. So that means no clues from Twitter-sphere on the new code until the old code has been broken.
However, the fact that Topps released the checklist for 2014 and the Jennings had no card # associated with it means that is definitely has some significance, most likely to the Ginter Code. All that said, the Jennings base card is not in short supply, shouldn't carry any signifcant price bump and while it may figure into the code, there are enough images of it online that having a physical copy of it to solve the Code is not necessary unless it is a mail-in piece (they did that a couple years ago but it wasn't tied to a specific card but to a specific birth-date vs USPS post-mark)
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

(08-25-2014, 02:34 PM)wordsense Wrote: Unrelated note, I just read some comments you made about a Daniel Nava Playoff Beard relic card in the October issue of Beckett lol funny stuff, but most importantly TRUE.

Zeprock also had a funny comment.
That's funny, I didn't even know I was quoted! I'm glad they printed my little disclaimer to Nava, don't need some angry ball player hunting me down. Smile
Thanks for alerting me.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Jennings is techinically #114.
Is this thing on?