`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Topps hobby/retail (and few other pickups)

2014 Topps hobby/retail (and few other pickups)
So, I've been doing really well not purchasing much, but I sold a bunch of collectibles on eBay the last week and ended up getting a lot more than I was expecting for it. I decided that I would get some hobby and retail Topps with a little bit of the money (along with a few packs of Bowman and Prestige), and I ended up actually hitting pretty well with them!

Anyhow, so i was talking with one of the guys that works at the card shop that I go to and he said he bought two of the hobby boxes of Topps and he ended up hitting two rather unimpressive jersey cards. I thought to myself, "well, maybe I'll have a decent shot at an auto if he got 2 jerseys from two of the other boxes in the case".

LOL, yeah, that was a bit of an understatement. First box had a jersey card, but it actually was a pretty good one (at least from other people collecting and wanting to buy it):
 photo scan0099_zps990f828f.jpg

Not really worth the cost of the box, but the second box, absolute last pack I opened ended up being an auto Smile Yay! I beat the odds! Now, I've not hit an auto in anything not called Leaf Draft or Sage Hit this year, so I am actually surprised that I got one here.

Who did I end up getting?
 photo scan0100_zpsf05c106a.jpg

Yep, the last two boxes that the shop had contained a jersey and an auto of Manziel! Suffice to say, these are going on eBay, and I'm going to be putting them together as a lot (so if you're interested, look my user name up here on eBay, though it may be gone by the time I even finish typing this email).

As to the rest of the boxes? Actually did pretty well, I think. All non-Packers are FT, including all of the other inserts that I got (which were too many to want to scan LOL, they are in my Org). Here is what I got both numbered and Packers stuff:

Highlights are
Black (/59) - Seahawks team card , Heath Miller
Pink (/499) - Morris Claiborne, Bills team card
Gold (/2014) - Daniel Thomas, Justin Blackmon, Andre Roberts, Prince Amukamara, Shaquelle Evans, Paul Worrilow, Joe Thomas, Ryan Mathews, Brandon Pettigrew, Michael Sam
SP variations - Mike Glennon, Greg Robinson, Darrelle Revis

And here are some of my new Packers pick ups, highlights are a 2012 Jordy Nelson Supreme Magenta plate (plate for this set for him #2 Smile ), an Adrian Hubbard and HaHa Clinton-Dix Leaf Draft base card printing plate, an Aaron Rodgers 2014 Inception SP, and an Eddie Lacy 2014 Rookies & Stars Crusade:

RE: 2014 Topps hobby/retail (and few other pickups)
And the manziels are sold... didn't even take an hour!

Wow, congrats man! That's crazy luck on those Manziels! Sounds like we need to get you those last 2 Supreme Plates for Nelson lol.

(08-23-2014, 10:55 PM)savagenate Wrote: Wow, congrats man! That's crazy luck on those Manziels! Sounds like we need to get you those last 2 Supreme Plates for Nelson lol.

Yeah, tell me about it! I was expecting a really low end auto if I got one and to have it be manziel was a big surprise. I almost didn't buy both boxes, was thinking of getting a bowman hobby box. Glad I stuck with the topps Smile heck, I made 70 bucks when those two sold over what I paid for the two boxes!!

As to the Nelson plates, that would be so unbelievably cool to get the others Smile

Nice Johnnys
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK