`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1984 Nestle Don mattingly test card. Need info please

RE: 1984 Nestle Don mattingly test card. Need info please
(08-23-2014, 03:00 PM)zzGambit Wrote: I don't get why the same card would sell on a reputable auction site (not bay) for such an amount with over 15 bids.
I'll try to contact them for more information. Maybe they can shed some light. Thanks anyway to all who posted
And that's what's fascinating. The fact that other people are bidding higher and higher would tell me it's legit. I've NEVER seen what you posted but heard about the Nestle cards. That begs the question...is the card you have truly one of a kind?

I collect Derek Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr., and Philadelphia Eagles autographed graded cards!

On the popular Net54 message boards for vintage cards there was a thread this week about a 2nd tier grading company who slabbed "cutouts" from magezines and books. While those are real. there is nothing scarce or even card-like about them and yet they are available and sell well on EBay.

The Mattingly card is a fake on the other hand and I don't even have to see an auction linkto know its fake.

Plano, Tx. Card Show #7, Sunday March 5, 2017 from 9 AM to 4 PM at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx.

You seem to not have to see a lot to know it's fake lol no offense. Regardless I sent the auction site a message for more info since clearly they must have done some research before putting it on their site. Thanks to all again.

(08-23-2014, 09:01 PM)zzGambit Wrote: You seem to not have to see a lot to know it's fake lol no offense. Regardless I sent the auction site a message for more info since clearly they must have done some research before putting it on their site. Thanks to all again.
I would trust him, he is legit when it comes to vintage.
please post auction link.

Sorry but fake. Topps has an account on eBay "Topps Vault" and over the past 10 years has been selling all of their test/proof cards, card contracts, proof photos.... ect. NONE of the cards have any of these type of markings. Also as a proof card it would be part of the printing process as a color separation, black, red, yellow, cyan or full color. B&W is not part of the proof process, unless the final card is also B&W. Here are a couple samples of the Topps Vault cards.

[Image: 81tcpcs01.jpg]
[Image: 10tvtodpar1.jpg]
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket