`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What are "Hot" packs?

What are "Hot" packs?
I've been seeing these "hot packs" all over the auction sites...what exactly are they? They look sealed, but are they not?

RE: What are "Hot" packs?
the vast majority of hot packs are scams of one sort or another. to quote myself:

90% are scams. another 9% just simply hurt the hobby.

the remaining 1% is cool (those are the guys that buy boxes to build sets, and dont care about MEM cards, so they weigh the pack and sell those separately, and use the rest to build their sets)

any seller that sells hot packs and singles? scam
any seller that sells hot packs that guarantees a certain player? scam
sellers that guarantee an autograph? scam (for most products, there are a couple exceptions)
if they say it will contain EITHER a refractor/jersey/auto/numbered: it will will be the lowest common denominator

and most guys have resealed their packs, which means you get a jersey card of a scrub

and most guys, if their feedback says that they got a good hit? that is a friend leaving feedback

and even if none of the above is true, the packs have been molested in some way, many of which cause damage. if they do it at a store (if they dont buy the whole box), they are screwing with the overall odds of a box, and ths hurt the hobby

hot pack sellers are worse than the worst dutch sellers from 10 years ago

Thanks for the reply! That's what I thought...I bought 3 packs and got crap even though the hits were supposed to be higher value...made me stop and think. I won't be buying any more of those! Smile

(08-17-2014, 05:58 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: the vast majority of hot packs are scams of one sort or another. to quote myself:

90% are scams. another 9% just simply hurt the hobby.

the remaining 1% is cool (those are the guys that buy boxes to build sets, and dont care about MEM cards, so they weigh the pack and sell those separately, and use the rest to build their sets)

any seller that sells hot packs and singles? scam
any seller that sells hot packs that guarantees a certain player? scam
sellers that guarantee an autograph? scam (for most products, there are a couple exceptions)
if they say it will contain EITHER a refractor/jersey/auto/numbered: it will will be the lowest common denominator

and most guys have resealed their packs, which means you get a jersey card of a scrub

and most guys, if their feedback says that they got a good hit? that is a friend leaving feedback

and even if none of the above is true, the packs have been molested in some way, many of which cause damage. if they do it at a store (if they dont buy the whole box), they are screwing with the overall odds of a box, and ths hurt the hobby

hot pack sellers are worse than the worst dutch sellers from 10 years ago
Couldn't have said it better...

[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]