`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
warning to female sports card collectors/sellers

RE: warning to female sports card collectors/sellers
(08-14-2014, 11:22 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: My main issue with this thread in the first place is the title and insinuation that the buyer has an issue with females.
+1. Also fully agree with the "what is said on the internet" portion. Sounds like a plain and simple conflict over percieved goughing that should have been taken up pronto with ebay once the negative FB was left. I understand the buyers perspective on the charges, but that doesn't make what they did right. Pay your agreed to fees or skip the seller's offer from the start. Everybody at fault here.............

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

(08-14-2014, 11:22 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: Skepticism should apply to any of these types of threads/posts and not just yours, but everybody who makes one of these. Truth of the matter is, there is rarely, if ever, just one side to a story and/or event. Each person involved in said event is going to have a different take on what actually happened.

Additionally, it's the internet. I think most would agree that the internet is loaded with people who spout random crap for whatever reason while hiding behind the safety of their monitor. One of the things I hope is that people do their own research or question whatever it is they are reading before coming to an actual conclusion. Ever see that quote that's floated around on the internet? "Everything posted on the internet is true~Abraham Lincoln". There's a reason that quote still gets kicked around today. Hell, I question just about everything I hear in those rare instances I actually tune into one of the national news network channels as they seemingly always put their "spin" on whatever story they are reporting on.

Pertaining to the issue of the shipping charges, I agree with the guy just up above your last post. If the charges are up front and out in the open for the buyer to see, then in my mind they have seen and agreed to those terms. Otherwise, questions about adjusted shipping should come before committing yourself to a bid/purchase and not after.

My main issue with this thread in the first place is the title and insinuation that the buyer has an issue with females. Whether there is more to the emails than we are seeing I don't know but up until now, I haven't seen anything to support said statement and I'm pretty certain if the roles were reversed, you would not like your name used in that context for all to see.
ricelynnevans75,

I appreciate the measured response and your point is taken.

In response to evidence, the content of messages are off limits legally. I can post my opinion and choose to recomend that others avoid doing business with someone based on personal knowledge gained through the course of a transaction. I cannot legally re-post the exact content of messages shared between two parties over a medium in which there is an expectation of privacy. In short, warned you all the best I could. I can post his feedback habits though as they are public and there is no expectation of privacy. They are attached below. This is what he does when you don't kneel. As I said, turns out he does the same to men, however; his message interactions indicated otherwise.

Again, I'd like to reiterate that I appreciate your measured objection and perfectly valid points. Disputing an opinion as you did is what I would expect from a member with the word "veteran" in front of thier name. Based on your points, It is likely the easiest route to just let others experience what they will and react accordingly afterward based on thier own intuition. It's just in my blood to pull someone back before they step on a wire I saw in advance.

Lastly, in my signature you will find two other members I have recomended others avoid. There is not a list of fifty. There are two. If you search you will find they are no longer registered eBay users. I do not toss around warnings to fellow collectors lightly.

Greg
(08-14-2014, 12:01 PM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: +1. Also fully agree with the "what is said on the internet" portion. Sounds like a plain and simple conflict over percieved goughing that should have been taken up pronto with ebay once the negative FB was left. I understand the buyers perspective on the charges, but that doesn't make what they did right. Pay your agreed to fees or skip the seller's offer from the start. Everybody at fault here.............
I object vehemently to your calm response and further demand you spout absurdities and insults immediatly! lol!

I appreciate your opinion man and thank you for it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

list of personally banned eBay users you may want to avoid, Cranes509 , ronrob5

Wow people this a crazy. You both had a bad experience with each other...MOVE on and block each other if you want. To the seller, your prices on shipping are high and I refuse to bid on cards from people who overcharge for shipping. To the buyer you knew the shipping rates when you bid so you knew exactly what you were getting into. The seller got their money and the buyer got their cards.. Boo Hoo you don't like each other...

I don't see anything sexist from the buyer and I am not sure why this " warning " was even posted. Get a life and move on.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

I have to agree from what I read your shipping is was to high. You can buy a 500 count bubble mailer on ebay and it will cost somewhere between 7 to 10 cent a bubble mailer, shipping under 3 onces is if I remember right through paypal $1.94 you can add ink if you want but adding anything else just will give you a better chance at getting a bad feedback. I would say charge a max of $2.50 shipping and 10 cent each additional item.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(08-14-2014, 01:17 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: Wow people this a crazy. You both had a bad experience with each other...MOVE on and block each other if you want. To the seller, your prices on shipping are high and I refuse to bid on cards from people who overcharge for shipping. To the buyer you knew the shipping rates when you bid so you knew exactly what you were getting into. The seller got their money and the buyer got their cards.. Boo Hoo you don't like each other...

I don't see anything sexist from the buyer and I am not sure why this " warning " was even posted. Get a life and move on.
Honest opinion man. Why is $2.95 high? Protectors, bubble mailers, ink, shipping labels, and gas isn't free. $2.50 would be fine if eBay/paypal didn't take the same 11% from the shipping charges that they do from the final value. Discounted shipping is $1.90. Thick protectors for jersey cards, and your average thicker card from mid-high product, only comes with 10-20 protectors depending on size. That's roughly .25-.35 each. Standard protectors are only .10 each but increasing each additional card by .10 doesn't account for the increased weight when someone buys 17 cards. Bubble mailers go for .10-.14 cents in bulk depending on who I buy from and when. A cartridge of ink costs $90 and I go through one a month. If I sell a card for $100, fine, I can take shipping from the profit. This dude only targeted .75-.99 cent cards. there is no profit to take from. We would be giving the cards away for free. Bad business model.

$2.60 would be fine if ebay didn't begin cutting a percentage from shipping when idiots started selling cards for .99 with $10 shipping to hide profit. Ruined it for everyone.

I can deal with 2.95 but $7.00 for a package that can be shipped for under $2.00 + supplies is ridiculous.

And I agree it is a joke that Ebay charges a fee on shipping. They push sellers to offer a fair shipping price but the hit us with a fee so that we are forced to charge more.

And I also understand that is sucks when people target .75-.99 cards but you basically admitted that you look to profit from shipping to offset your lack of profit on the cards.
Current wants:
2023 Topps Aces
Pete Rose
Ohio State Football
Adley Rutschman

(08-14-2014, 01:17 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: Wow people this a crazy. You both had a bad experience with each other...MOVE on and block each other if you want. To the seller, your prices on shipping are high and I refuse to bid on cards from people who overcharge for shipping. To the buyer you knew the shipping rates when you bid so you knew exactly what you were getting into. The seller got their money and the buyer got their cards.. Boo Hoo you don't like each other...

+1
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

(08-14-2014, 01:37 PM)uc7bearcat Wrote: I can deal with 2.95 but $7.00 for a package that can be shipped for under $2.00 + supplies is ridiculous.
The $2.95 +50 is just the default combined shipping because the median card we sell require thicker protectors. The package gets heavier and larger quickly and you are adding a .25 thick protector for each one. never paid $7. He was cut a deal on his invoice and paid much less. The whole deal was that he went off in messages even after getting a deal.

You can't charge for ink or gas. Invest in a toner-based printer and hand your mail to the mail-person directly, i.e. your shipping charges are too high. Also, don't sell cards that have the possibility of ending at .99 after a week at auction, start listing them as BIN.
[Image: NYNMRXJ.png]

That's why I'm slowly shutting my doors on ebay. The seller is set up for failure.
I collect Derek Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr., and Philadelphia Eagles autographed graded cards!