Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
warning to female sports card collectors/sellers

RE: warning to female sports card collectors/sellers
Glad you posted that.
I guess like my grandma always taught me ... There's 2 sides to every story.
Ok, so what did we discover .... The ebay-buyer-guy isn't a misogynist and wasn't a jerk after all. I don't see any harm in asking for a shipping reduction. A simple yes or no response would have been simple, right?
And at no time did the buyer ever bring up that the seller was a woman .... She played that card.
Interesting that my instincts were right ... It was someone coming here to slander someone with full intention of harm ... That is pretty reprehensible, IMO.

I know that after seeing that, I'll stay away from Frickercn12 case breaks.
I think a few apologies are due from fellow forum members that jumped the gun!
I apologize for saying that you might be cheap and a jerk ... But, that being said, it was actually in your defense Smile kind of an underhanded compliment, I know ... But at the time, there was little to go by, and at least some evidence that you weren't a misogynist that was "Targeting women collectors" !

BTW, who is Clayton cards? The woman seller, or the eBay buyer?
Just want to know who to avoid and who to shop with in the future.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.
Wink 
JJhjac is my user name, and Claytons Cards is my Ebay Store. As everyone can see that this took the better part of my afternoon and it is probably still not finished, but I don't think it is right to say look what a deal and then hit someone with shipping. I work with and encourage every seller to spend at least $10 on 2 or more cards so that the $3.00 S&H you would pay will get you more Product, so out of every $10 sold I get about $6.24 after all the fees & supplies. I allow Buyers to take as much time as they need if they want to bid or buy over a week or 2 period as long as there is Communication. I could have been an ***** and just hit Neg all the way but I didn't, I do not operate that way. The other Guy that received Neg sent the cards in a card box with no penny sleeves or top loaders on about half of them and they banged back and forth in the box because there was only a small piece of crumpled paper to hold them in place otherwise they were perfect.. I have purchased over a 1000 cards on Ebay in the last month or so and have had very few problems.

http://stores.ebay.com/Clayton-Cards

2 sides to every story indeed. Very informative.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

(Pretending this is blowout forums)

[Image: 1063153_zps597ef066.gif]

...sorry had to
[Image: KErsahw1fw_zpsd1e78d4f.png]

(08-13-2014, 10:58 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: That buyer did the same thing to me a couple of years ago-- and I am a guy. Was rude, wanted a bigger shipping discount. would not give it to him b/c he was so rude. I thought 2.50 for first one plus .25 was reasonable.
when he bid on the item he agreed to that combined shipping rate -- kindra rude on his part to be a jerk and get it lowered.
Ah. So the muscling people around bit wasn't directed at women in specifiec, he just went there afterwards when he didn't get his way. Great guy. When she said no, all kind of rude horrible business started showing up in her inbox.

list of personally banned eBay users you may want to avoid, Cranes509 , ronrob5

Well, I can't speak towards the interaction that happened through the messaging, but the auctions that were bid on state "Shipping is 2.95 for a single card and +.50 for each additional auction purchase up to a maximum shipping charge of $9.99" in the description. If those terms aren't acceptable to you, it was known beforehand that those would be the charges. The fact that they gave you ANY discount at all is them being reasonable, and realizing that you just won a number of auctions off of them. But it was agreed to be "2.95 for a single card and +.50 for each additional auction purchase" when the auctions were won. Complaining about how much they're charging for shipping after it was won is stupid, it was known beforehand how much it was going to cost and the bids were placed and won anyway. It was clearly laid out how much was going to be and getting upset with them that they're charging so much is not their fault. They charge less than it was agreed upon for shipping charges and there's still butthurt? I'm going to side with gnc_fricker on this.

Seems like the skepticism only applies occasionally. I typed a three sentence warning and it is dismissed outright. Someone then says they have the same problem with the same guy and that is "suspicious".

Dude comes in and types an artistic, and edited, version of events and pow! Skepticism gone.

And here I was fully expecting him to pop in and completely admit what he actually said and did with zero editing. Strange.

Anyways, consider yourselves warned. Take it or leave it.

(08-14-2014, 10:38 AM)GnC_Fricker Wrote: Seems like the skepticism only applies occasionally. I typed a three sentence warning and it is dismissed outright. Someone then says they have the same problem with the same guy and that is "suspicious".

Don't you understand? We don't know you!
Don't you understand? We know Hckydv7! His word (although deleted) was more credible. So now, we are more suspicious of the buyer and his postage reduction request/problem/etc.

Are you really an attorney, as the slandered buyer claims?
If so, don't you understand the difference between a credible testimony and hearsay?
If so, don't you understand the ramifications of slander as they apply to electronic media and 'publishing on public forums' ?
If so, do you think calling someone out as a misogynistic Internet stalker is a proper response to a shipping dispute?

Dude, sorry your wife had an unpleasant interaction with a buyer (jeez, that's never happened before in the history of eBay) and sorry the buyer gave her an unwarranted (and so far, alleged) negative hit on eBay.
Boo Hoo, feelings hurt, lets get revenge and hurt that SOB's reputation and purposely affect their business. = SLANDER!
Ya'know, if you just warned us about a questionable guy, okay, but (obviously) I have a problem when you wrongly accuse someone that 'targets female collectors' when that seems totally NOT the case.

Warning very appreciated. I'll stay away from selling to that guy and buying anything from your wife, because of your behavior. Mission accomplished!

[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(08-14-2014, 10:08 AM)bojesphob Wrote: Well, I can't speak towards the interaction that happened through the messaging, but the auctions that were bid on state "Shipping is 2.95 for a single card and +.50 for each additional auction purchase up to a maximum shipping charge of $9.99" in the description. If those terms aren't acceptable to you, it was known beforehand that those would be the charges. The fact that they gave you ANY discount at all is them being reasonable, and realizing that you just won a number of auctions off of them. But it was agreed to be "2.95 for a single card and +.50 for each additional auction purchase" when the auctions were won. Complaining about how much they're charging for shipping after it was won is stupid, it was known beforehand how much it was going to cost and the bids were placed and won anyway. It was clearly laid out how much was going to be and getting upset with them that they're charging so much is not their fault. They charge less than it was agreed upon for shipping charges and there's still butthurt? I'm going to side with gnc_fricker on this.
Much appreciated brother. Didn't come in here claiming anyone stole a baby. I called it straight and am trying to warn fellow collectors and sellers. The dude never says a word about wanting a discount until after the items are won. Then, only after the seller has feedback on the line, he leverages their feedback against further discounts. From thier further communication, which was posted in a highly edited/redacted format, I felt it was because she was a female. I suppose a bully will always put his finger on someone's nerve and push and she just happened to be a female.

(08-14-2014, 10:38 AM)GnC_Fricker Wrote: Seems like the skepticism only applies occasionally. I typed a three sentence warning and it is dismissed outright. Someone then says they have the same problem with the same guy and that is "suspicious".

Dude comes in and types an artistic, and edited, version of events and pow! Skepticism gone.

And here I was fully expecting him to pop in and completely admit what he actually said and did with zero editing. Strange.

Skepticism should apply to any of these types of threads/posts and not just yours, but everybody who makes one of these. Truth of the matter is, there is rarely, if ever, just one side to a story and/or event. Each person involved in said event is going to have a different take on what actually happened.

Additionally, it's the internet. I think most would agree that the internet is loaded with people who spout random crap for whatever reason while hiding behind the safety of their monitor. One of the things I hope is that people do their own research or question whatever it is they are reading before coming to an actual conclusion. Ever see that quote that's floated around on the internet? "Everything posted on the internet is true~Abraham Lincoln". There's a reason that quote still gets kicked around today. Hell, I question just about everything I hear in those rare instances I actually tune into one of the national news network channels as they seemingly always put their "spin" on whatever story they are reporting on.

Pertaining to the issue of the shipping charges, I agree with the guy just up above your last post. If the charges are up front and out in the open for the buyer to see, then in my mind they have seen and agreed to those terms. Otherwise, questions about adjusted shipping should come before committing yourself to a bid/purchase and not after.

My main issue with this thread in the first place is the title and insinuation that the buyer has an issue with females. Whether there is more to the emails than we are seeing I don't know but up until now, I haven't seen anything to support said statement and I'm pretty certain if the roles were reversed, you would not like your name used in that context for all to see.