`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Seller* cancelled my purchase of my dream card on Bay - clearly lying. What can I do?

RE: Buyer cancelled my purchase of my dream card on Bay - clearly lying. What can I do?
(08-08-2014, 11:08 PM)mbodow1 Wrote: I'm losing my mind. I spend less than $500-$1k/year on cards so this was such a satisfying, exciting purchase for me. I know I'll never find it again for that price.
Is it inappropriate for me to post his seller name so people can avoid him? He has some other amazing cards for sale including a sick Griffey/Randy Johnson auto.
I'd post the sellers name but it might not be allowed here on Beckett. You can do it on Blowout though lol!!
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

RE: Seller* cancelled my purchase of my dream card on Bay - clearly lying. What can I do?
One sold on ebay for $340.00 so you could get it again for that price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mike-Trout-2013-..._44wt_1362
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

RE: Seller* cancelled my purchase of my dream card on Bay - clearly lying. What can I do?
you are absolutely allowed to post the seller's name here, just not a current auction.

Ok I've come to terms with trashing a person, which wasn't something I wanted to do but I'm still really angry. So, maybe he's a good guy/seller but I think he completely screwed me over. His username is dolphvinny and sure, you can still buy from him but he's obviously less interested in honest dealings than we in the card market would prefer. I hope he makes great use out of his extra couple hundred dollars.

For all of you who responded to this thread let me set the record straight. An employee at our store mistakenly listed the card that had been on hold for a long standing customer (he left $100 down payment). I still have the card, and nobody offered me more for it. Within less than 24 hours, an email was sent to the buyer explaining what had happened, and a refund was issued. I then went on vacation for a week, with limited email access and when I was able to get on, I see a nasty email from this buyer. I submitted the refund information to him, and then called paypal which explained that it takes a few days to be reversed. I also asked the seller, to cancel the transaction so I would not be charged any fees...he declined. I even went so far to say that if the gentlemen did not pay in a reasonable amount of time, I would relist it and notify him first. The comments received are unjust, as in eight years I have had only one negative on my account. The fact that this person placed my ebay info on this forum is sickening, and the fact that I have to defend myself in this manner is ridiculous. We have been in business for ten years and never had to do anything like this, I have also contacted ebay as to the fact that he is posting my info and negative remarks on other websites. These are the facts, and the behavior is childish to say the least. If and when the card should become available, I will be blocking him from bidding, for all the time and grief over this misunderstanding.

Relist and notify him first? I would think you would sell it to him for the original price he paid.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

(08-19-2014, 01:45 PM)randall44 Wrote: Relist and notify him first? I would think you would sell it to him for the original price he paid.
+1 That's what I thought too.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Honestly, your employees are an reflection of you and your business. No matter what the circumstance is, you listed the card and someone fairly bought it. Just because you refunded him doesn't mean he has to accept your cancellation of a transaction that he wanted to take place. You may not have any negatives, but everyone screws up. Accept responsibility and move on.

(08-19-2014, 11:40 AM)dolphvinny Wrote: For all of you who responded to this thread let me set the record straight. An employee at our store mistakenly listed the card that had been on hold for a long standing customer (he left $100 down payment). I still have the card, and nobody offered me more for it. Within less than 24 hours, an email was sent to the buyer explaining what had happened, and a refund was issued. I then went on vacation for a week, with limited email access and when I was able to get on, I see a nasty email from this buyer. I submitted the refund information to him, and then called paypal which explained that it takes a few days to be reversed. I also asked the seller, to cancel the transaction so I would not be charged any fees...he declined. I even went so far to say that if the gentlemen did not pay in a reasonable amount of time, I would relist it and notify him first. The comments received are unjust, as in eight years I have had only one negative on my account. The fact that this person placed my ebay info on this forum is sickening, and the fact that I have to defend myself in this manner is ridiculous. We have been in business for ten years and never had to do anything like this, I have also contacted ebay as to the fact that he is posting my info and negative remarks on other websites. These are the facts, and the behavior is childish to say the least. If and when the card should become available, I will be blocking him from bidding, for all the time and grief over this misunderstanding.
You sound very unprofessional. I interpreted this message as "the buyer has to accept my mistake." No, he does not. You made a bad business deal. The person you offended has every right to express his frustrations the dealings he had with you. Ultimately, you are human and in a perfect world, things like this would not happen, but to tell someone they HAVE to accept your excuses is very immature.

Also, its sickening that you could not operate your business better so that you had a process in place for cards on hold. Its ridiculous you could not operate your business so that you did not offend so one so badly they felt motivated to tell others of their negative experience.

Its childish for you to not see this customer was offended by your actions/ You blocking him does not make you seem mature.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(08-22-2014, 08:39 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: You sound very unprofessional. I interpreted this message as "the buyer has to accept my mistake." No, he does not. You made a bad business deal. The person you offended has every right to express his frustrations the dealings he had with you. Ultimately, you are human and in a perfect world, things like this would not happen, but to tell someone they HAVE to accept your excuses is very immature.

Also, its sickening that you could not operate your business better so that you had a process in place for cards on hold. Its ridiculous you could not operate your business so that you did not offend so one so badly they felt motivated to tell others of their negative experience.

Its childish for you to not see this customer was offended by your actions/ You blocking him does not make you seem mature.
+1 Well said!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!