Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on setting up organize for trading

Question on setting up organize for trading
Hi everyone,

Getting back into the forums and some trade negotiations after a bit of a break.

I currently have 25,208 Items and 30,936 Haves in My Organize. I have setup 4,844 items as being available for trade but that was just based on some sorting work to show cards with a quantity more than 1 and then edit those cards as being available for trade.

My question is this... I'd like to open more cards as being available for trade, but spending time going through about 20,000 cards seems like unnecessary effort! I was thinking of just going in and marking everything in My Organize as available for trade but wondered if traders would become discouraged as negotiations began and I pulled certain things from trades that I didn't "really" want to move.

Would you consider that bad etiquette?
Thanks,
- Steve

RE: Question on setting up organize for trading
You are wasting the time of other traders, however there are more annoying things people could do I suppose.
www.cardboardglory.com - Sortable checklists and other interesting hobby info

(08-05-2014, 02:14 PM)chester2002 Wrote: You are wasting the time of other traders, however there are more annoying things people could do I suppose.
+1
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

You probably only have a hundred or so cards, that might interest those left here. List only:

1] current issues only
2] traded rookies
3] Hi-val autos
4] Hi-val GUs
5] Graded maybe, if stars
6] Past/Present super Stars

Trading has changed here, what there is, is very limited and starnge. Site is almost dead in the water.
I have been gone a long time, my ideas on collecting have changed as I have aged. Will only be here Off and On because things are different. Not going to do much Trading but will offer some items For Sale. As Always, Have FUN !...Mel

Maybe I am the eternal optimist, but I believe this site has the potential to be an amazing place to work out trades for all sorts (player collectors, set collectors, high end, low end and everything in between. The site is buggy and can be frustrating. Without the Gold Stars (based on Trade For column data) functioning properly, it makes it harder for trades to be accomplished. I would list all you want to trade for trade. If you don't want to trade, it perhaps setup a folder tree that makes it easy to bulk change column quantities for those you want to trade and those you don't. Make the stuff you want to trade visible to the Public and the stuff you don't Private. This way you cover those Gold Stars (when they work) and the Org browsers the look at trader Public Orgs.
To facilitate trading, please mark your wants in the "wants" column and "trade for" column in your Org.
[Image: Henderson-Discussion-Signature.jpg]

+1 paulkellyjr......