`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Redline break, plus Wrapper Redemption

2014 Redline break, plus Wrapper Redemption
Picked this up at the National on Saturday. Grabbed a Wrapper Redemption from Press Pass for doing so.

Jennifer Jo Cobb 5/5 (wrapper redemption)
Crafton 02/10
Kenseth 36/50
Danica 38/75
Danica base
Petty base (b/w...is this a SP?)
J Mac 04/75
Edwards 55/75
[Image: imagejpg1.jpg]

Jimmie Johnson 2014 TM triple 22/99 (wrapper redemption)
Kahne Auto 15/25
Petty Remarkable Relics Auto 08/50
Kahne POA 23/25
Allmendinger RU 06/25
Danica RU 17/50
[Image: imagejpg1-1.jpg]

All in, not too shabby, but I'm glad I got the JJ and Cobb freebies with it...
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

RE: 2014 Redline break, plus Wrapper Redemption
Very nice break and redemptions! How did you get 2 redemption packs from one box of cards?
I would love to pair that JJCobb National Card up with my Magenta and (incoming) B&W parallels. LMK if we can possibly work something out.

Hey man very nice break congrats, nice Petty auto. Two Kahne's Sweet, let me know if they are FT/FS? Do you collect anyone besides Smoke? I don't have all my racing loaded in my ORG. But if you will sell we can do paypal.
I collect Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and Kevin Garnett also certain High End Celtics HOF's.

[Image: jordanbird_edited-1.gif]

(08-05-2014, 12:31 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Very nice break and redemptions! How did you get 2 redemption packs from one box of cards?
I would love to pair that JJCobb National Card up with my Magenta and (incoming) B&W parallels. LMK if we can possibly work something out.
Two cards in the redemption pack from Press Pass. Not sure what the odds of getting a RU or Auto was, but I got the pack that Chris Olds gave me (Beckett did the redemption for PP this year), and out popped those two cards.

Definitely up to trading the JJ Cobb...that would make that Rainbow look good. Not sure if the National SPs will ever be in ORG, though...I know I got a Panini Old School Bill Walton Auto at the show a few years ago (wrapper redemption), and even after I sent an e-mail to Beckett about it, it is not listed...I an put a Base Card in ORG and we can work it out...
(08-05-2014, 07:12 AM)kevinr Wrote: Hey man very nice break congrats, nice Petty auto. Two Kahne's Sweet, let me know if they are FT/FS? Do you collect anyone besides Smoke? I don't have all my racing loaded in my ORG. But if you will sell we can do paypal.
Thanks...both of the Kahne's are for trade/sale, for sure. The only Racing I collect is Smoke. I would definitely prefer to sell them. Make me an offer.

And that is my third Petty Auto. For being a legend, it is not quite as valuable as you may think...it's actually disappointing.
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Nice Petty!
[Image: B1tP5.png]
*RED SOX * PATRIOTS * CELTICS * BRUINS*
*I'm currently looking for autos of Tom Brady, David Ortiz, and Yasiel Puig!!!*

Nice pickups, too bad I have not to trade to you for anything Sad

Jerry
Collect: Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Danica Patrick

[Image: echo1_zpsb2d0eada.png]

First & foremost, I'm jealous you got to go to the National! Would love to be able to do that one day. You have a good time?

Great pulls, my friend! I'd consider that a pretty good Redline box! Value aside, Richard Petty has one of the best autographs from any sport, non-sport, etc....just a pretty auto (A Pretty Petty auto...if you will, lol). I heard he took calligraphy classes to acquire a great auto. (Me thinks A LOT of other card signers should take note!)

Not sure if I have any Tony you need, friend, but I could use the JMac B&W/75 if you still have it.
Oh yeah, I meant to mention too...the National Green/5 Redline cards are already listed in the database. Just picked up one of the JMacs the other day and noticed they were listed.
COLLECTING: St Louis Cardinals -- NASCAR: Jamie McMurray, Kyle Larson, Rusty Wallace, Austin & Ty Dillon -- KU Jayhawks in the Pros (NBA & NFL) -- Non-Sports

(08-05-2014, 05:21 PM)Mikarlo Wrote: First & foremost, I'm jealous you got to go to the National! Would love to be able to do that one day. You have a good time?

Great pulls, my friend! I'd consider that a pretty good Redline box! Value aside, Richard Petty has one of the best autographs from any sport, non-sport, etc....just a pretty auto (A Pretty Petty auto...if you will, lol). I heard he took calligraphy classes to acquire a great auto. (Me thinks A LOT of other card signers should take note!)

Not sure if I have any Tony you need, friend, but I could use the JMac B&W/75 if you still have it.
Oh yeah, I meant to mention too...the National Green/5 Redline cards are already listed in the database. Just picked up one of the JMacs the other day and noticed they were listed.
Beckett ran the wrapper redemption for Press Pass, so I'm guessing they are getting better checklists and stuff. I have the Green JJCobb in my ORG. As is the JMac. Send me a PM with you address, I'll send it to you...I'm sure you'll get me back someday.

The National...where to start? Well, first the general admission is $18, and with that, you get nothing...plus $8 to park...so, you had better find a lot of singles that you need, because there are no deals on boxes from any of the three major vendors, being Dave and Adam, Blowout, and Steel City. So that brings us to the small vendors.

Lots of vintage, and if you are into vintage cards and memorabilia, history of the game type stuff, it's a Mecca. I looked around at that stuff a lot, but since I don't collect any of it, or have a huge bank account, it was only looking. I would say that that was about 50% of the booths.

There were booths that were mostly high end singles in display cases. Good luck finding that one card you need, because people are generally rude as all get out, and they will breathe on you heavy to get you out of their way....seriously. And unfortunately, it's so busy that there were guys working the booths that had zero knowledge of what I was talking about. It was like I was talking Ancient Greek to some of them. Don't get me wrong, there were a few guys that definitely knew their stuff, but it was so tough to find anything...

Some of those booths have a ton of base and inserts to go through, though. So, pull up a chair, literally, because you are going to be there for a long time, as you attempt to sort through thousands of cards that are just placed in boxes, not by player or even team, but just by sport. Yup, I did not find one booth that had any organization of any type except bulk sport. I gave up looking for what I was searching for because there was no way that you could find anything. I got lucky and found one Yzerman GU that I needed, by luck, but none of the Tomlinson cards I was looking for. I'm sure they were there, it was nothing exotic, but I wasn't going to sit there for hours to plow through a million cards, all while being hovered over by some a-hole who was way more important than me, I guess.

Racing? Ha! A few here and there RU or Autos, but no singles that I could find at all. I guess NASCAR is only big on race day...LOL

The Panini booth was big, and I'm sure they had some signers, but none while I was there. The Topps booth was hopping, they were doing some sort of break/Pack Wars, I think...I didn't try to fight my way in to the mix. I couldn't find the Upper Deck booth, or the Leaf booth, and I'm not sure there was a Press Pass booth. There was nothing going on at all at the Beckett booth, but I talked to Chris Olds for a bit. About nothing much, really...I didn't bring up any of the website issues or anything like that.

I was there for about four hours, but I couldn't take it anymore and had something else to do later, anyway, so I jetted.

It was fun...LOL

It was my second one...not sure I'll go again. I don't do any of the signing events...I'd rather spend $5 on an Omar Vizquel Auto on eBay than stand in line for an hour to overpay for an auto...so, all in, it is an interesting time, worth seeing once, for sure, but not really as great a thing as I would like...
Looking for:
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

www.dunnere.weebly.com

Petty is pretty sweet! Good stuff!
[Image: 9tnms3F.png]
Collecting Tom Brady, Rob Gonkowski, Mike Trout and Baseball HOF Relics

Open TO sent w/ 2 comments.

Also, I would be the guy sitting at one of those booths going thru the random boxes as fast as my fingers can move. I've done it before (not at the National)! Big Grin
We used to have a small card show at the local mall once or twice a year. I was there one time when I was about 15 or 16 and I found a guy with three 1000-card boxes full of cards listed at 10 cents each. I stood there for over an hour going through every single card in each box. That was the single largest acquisition for my Ozzie Smith collection ever. I ended up buying 100 Ozzie cards for $10, plus a 100-page box of UltraPro Platinum pages for another $10. Some of those Ozzie cards I got JUST because I knew they were worth several dollars, even though I already had them. I obviously came home with over $100 worth of Ozzie cards that day.