`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
My Favre autos... 151 and counting!

RE: My Favre autos... 151 and counting!
Mother of God!! Some awesome stuff- especially some of the dual/triple/quad autos!

Think the 93 Pro Line Portraits is my favorite, might end up snagging one of those some day...if I'm lucky.

(08-11-2014, 11:09 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: Mother of God!! Some awesome stuff- especially some of the dual/triple/quad autos!

Think the 93 Pro Line Portraits is my favorite, might end up snagging one of those some day...if I'm lucky.
Not sure now.... but I remember they were TOUGH back in the day.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

(08-09-2014, 08:38 AM)htoutlaws Wrote: I haven't been able to find this card. I always find someone's bad version of a "Auto'd Barry!".
Really nice collection you have sir.
Thank you! It is too bad that Barry didn't get to sign these too, but then again if he did then I probably wouldn't have it. The Elway/Favre dual is usually priced a little much for my liking. I would LOVE the 2000 Prestige Award Winners triple auto with Favre, Sanders, and Thurman Thomas, but the few times that those have come available I just haven't been able (or willing) to go high enough to snag one...
(08-09-2014, 12:52 PM)0264 roadrunner1964 Wrote: Love it.....I have just the one:

[Image: Favre_zps4269ed2a.jpg]

That's a nice one! I was looking to get one a little while ago but I think biglump beat me out, LOL! I don't think it was graded though.
(08-10-2014, 10:28 PM)p4ckattack Wrote: Amazing collection man!! So many great cards in there. I'm going to try very hard to get tickets for the game next year when they retire his jersey, so much that I'm actually going to really scale back my PC purchases this season and try to save some cash. Going to be hard though because after seeing all those cards I really want to go pull the trigger on a few.
Thanks! That game would be awesome to go to. Been thinking about trying to get to Canton in 2016. That is going to be crazy.
(08-11-2014, 11:09 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: Mother of God!! Some awesome stuff- especially some of the dual/triple/quad autos!

Thanks, man! There was a time when that hunting auto was the most sought-after one of his, until like 1997 with the Pinnacle Inscriptions and the Skybox Autographics, which is probably in my top 5 most wanted cards right now...
(08-12-2014, 09:56 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: Not sure now.... but I remember they were TOUGH back in the day.
I can't say I've really been looking for them but I seem to think I see them every so often. Pro Line in general for some reason doesn't get the love from collectors that it should, IMHO. Especially since they are all on-card autos, and were released at a time when autographs were somewhat rare and special. I guess it's because they aren't very flashy or super limited (save for some).
(08-08-2014, 03:10 PM)samiamryan Wrote: Holy Cow!!!!
Thanks man! Didn't mean to skip you!

BTW #152 is on the way...
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

(08-12-2014, 08:30 PM)uwash97 Wrote: I can't say I've really been looking for them but I seem to think I see them every so often. Pro Line in general for some reason doesn't get the love from collectors that it should, IMHO. Especially since they are all on-card autos, and were released at a time when autographs were somewhat rare and special. I guess it's because they aren't very flashy or super limited (save for some).
The pack inserted 1993 one is darn near impossible.... the Score Board authenticated ones pop up more often now (like yours) and there apparently is a Favre authenticated signed version as well.

(08-18-2014, 08:00 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: The pack inserted 1993 one is darn near impossible.... the Score Board authenticated ones pop up more often now (like yours) and there apparently is a Favre authenticated signed version as well.
You're saying mine's not pack inserted? What is the difference (i.e. how can you tell)?
#152! Only 2 more to finish this nameplate!

2007 SP Authentic By the Letter Autographs #BF-R Brett Favre
AU | MEM | NFT | Serial Number: 09/25
[Image: ch6yzfkxx450.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

Pro Line portraits autos had an embossed seal on one of the corners. That's the only way I know to tell the difference. Can be faked though.

BTW, nice auto!!!!
[Image: BANNER_zpse7c3a158.jpg]

(08-18-2014, 07:43 PM)favrecollectors4 Wrote: Pro Line portraits autos had an embossed seal on one of the corners. That's the only way I know to tell the difference. Can be faked though.

BTW, nice auto!!!!
That's what I thought too. Mine has that stamp. So I'm wondering if there is something else?

And thanks!
Banner by mattfastiggi

(08-18-2014, 01:01 PM)uwash97 Wrote: You're saying mine's not pack inserted? What is the difference (i.e. how can you tell)?
Nice letter!

Ugh. I hate to be the guy telling you.
I'm a bit of a Pro Line Snob, so I can help.
In the 1991 and 1992 Pro Line series, where the number would appear, it was blank.
http://www.comc.com/Cards/Football/1991/...edy/668530

In the 1993, after Classic bought rights, the autographed cards were still unnumbered, but the team color box that appeared where the number would be was still there.
http://www.comc.com/Cards/Football/1993/...cil/709781
http://www.comc.com/Cards/Football/1993/...low/709788

Yours MAY have been inserted into one of the many Score Board brands released from 1996-1997 with multiple "buy back" autos. Its hard to see what the stamp says in the scan. Its definitely not the original 1993 pack inserted card.
If it is the Pro Line stamp, it could be a fraud. Not sure, as Classic had many Shop At Home cards as well.

(08-19-2014, 06:15 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: Nice letter!

Ugh. I hate to be the guy telling you.
I'm a bit of a Pro Line Snob, so I can help.
In the 1991 and 1992 Pro Line series, where the number would appear, it was blank.
http://www.comc.com/Cards/Football/1991/...edy/668530

In the 1993, after Classic bought rights, the autographed cards were still unnumbered, but the team color box that appeared where the number would be was still there.
http://www.comc.com/Cards/Football/1993/...cil/709781
http://www.comc.com/Cards/Football/1993/...low/709788

Yours MAY have been inserted into one of the many Score Board brands released from 1996-1997 with multiple "buy back" autos. Its hard to see what the stamp says in the scan. Its definitely not the original 1993 pack inserted card.
If it is the Pro Line stamp, it could be a fraud. Not sure, as Classic had many Shop At Home cards as well.

Well thanks for the info, but that sucks! Of course I KNEW that about the Pro Line autos, but never noticed it with this one. Cognitive blindness I guess. This one has the Pro Line stamp, so it's probably fake. BAH!! Guess it's back to 151.

No wait, here's #152:

2008 Leaf Limited Team Trademarks Materials Autographs Prime #17 Brett Favre
AU | MEM | NFT | Serial Number: 19/25
[Image: ys0lvf6xx450.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi

(08-19-2014, 11:09 AM)uwash97 Wrote: Well thanks for the info, but that sucks! Of course I KNEW that about the Pro Line autos, but never noticed it with this one. Cognitive blindness I guess. This one has the Pro Line stamp, so it's probably fake. BAH!! Guess it's back to 151.

No wait, here's #152:

2008 Leaf Limited Team Trademarks Materials Autographs Prime #17 Brett Favre
AU | MEM | NFT | Serial Number: 19/25
[Image: ys0lvf6xx450.jpg]
I won't be like Marinocollector..."Nice F'in card man!" LOL!