`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
This site has gone down.............

RE: This site has gone down.............
Up or down I'm thankful for the friends I've made in this hobby thanks to this site. I just wish everyone else would play nice and stop being so snarky to each other. That sort of attitude probably contributes to OP's post on top of his trade issue.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(08-04-2014, 03:56 PM)y2hood Wrote: Up or down I'm thankful for the friends I've made in this hobby thanks to this site. I just wish everyone else would play nice and stop being so snarky to each other. That sort of attitude probably contributes to OP's post on top of his trade issue.
I agree... This place is really starting to be like that "other site" ...not good. One reason why this site used to be so much nicer it had awesome members to talk to...
Not so much now... Still a few good people on here, but overall looks like we have to deal with other site options... And that sucks...
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

I'm still a new guy here, but in my own experience I've run into 3 or 4 reasonable, rational people who are easy to trade with for every 1 idgit who expects the Mona Lisa for his second-grade color-by-numbers. Then again, maybe it's just that I'm generally easy to work with and I'll try to accommodate any reasonable requests in a trade.

But, if I can be permitted a rant of my own, things which do tick me off:

1) Everything listed as "mint". I understand that way back when that was the default setting, and for people with tens of thousands of cards listed that's a huge PITA to fix, BUT...when you've got 250-300 cards listed and they're all "mint", I mean, seriously? Particularly when you're talking about ungraded vintage cards which are pretty much never even 8s.
2) "I only trade X for X." I trade based on BV and on personal wants, and I try to cut deals for other people working on sets or PC players as well. If I'm trading a $20 auto card for a $20 parallel, that's an even trade. If you want a $50 game-used and the only cards you have in that ballpark are autos, then yes--you're trading autos for a non-auto'd card, or else you're not trading with me.
3) Send offer, never look at the trade again. 'Nuff said.

For those who are interested in making fair trades which mutually benefit both participants, I'm very much willing to listen (at least, during the 20 or so hours per day when trading works). For the very select few who aren't, stop wasting my team please.

(08-04-2014, 12:12 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: So, because of one trade that didn't happen, the site is going down? Yeah, seems like its a good idea to make a public bashing of the site for your tantrum.
Then mine and everyone ELSE who commented !!!!
Frankly IT'S CALLED A FORUM for a reason !!!!! Don't like what I have to say DON'T read MY POSTS !!!!!
FREEDOM OF SPEECH .
(08-04-2014, 12:37 PM)telattt Wrote: Coming from someone with a 4.83 feedback score with 4 negatives?? Look who's talking. I think everyone should take the advice from your past traders and stay away from you.

I politely told you that I don't trade for base, and you responded with a rude response that could've come from my 8 year old son.

I've made 500+ all positive trades in the past five years, and your right, this site has gone down since I first started trading here....because of traders like you.

But I won't let this stop me from trading. There are plenty of awesome and respected traders on this site (you know who you are). Every now and then you run into arrogant traders like you who's butt gets hurt when a trade they initiate gets turned down. Too bad. So sad. You're not the first and you definitely won't be the last. Put your big girl panties on and move on. It's not the end of the world.

So, I cancelled the trade you sent me, and I politely gave you a reason why. Get over it. You would have been just as pissed and probably made another ranting thread had I cancelled without giving you a reason why. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Some people aren't happy with anything if it doesn't benefit them in some way.

thank you, I feel much better.....end rant.
A) you put ur name on the trade.
B) If you read those MOST are petty. A return to sender really ??
I've done trades WITH NO PROBLEMS also so bite me.......

(08-04-2014, 12:37 PM)telattt Wrote: Coming from someone with a 4.83 feedback score with 4 negatives?? Look who's talking. I think everyone should take the advice from your past traders and stay away from you.

I politely told you that I don't trade for base, and you responded with a rude response that could've come from my 8 year old son.

I've made 500+ all positive trades in the past five years, and your right, this site has gone down since I first started trading here....because of traders like you.

But I won't let this stop me from trading. There are plenty of awesome and respected traders on this site (you know who you are). Every now and then you run into arrogant traders like you who's butt gets hurt when a trade they initiate gets turned down. Too bad. So sad. You're not the first and you definitely won't be the last. Put your big girl panties on and move on. It's not the end of the world.

So, I cancelled the trade you sent me, and I politely gave you a reason why. Get over it. You would have been just as pissed and probably made another ranting thread had I cancelled without giving you a reason why. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Some people aren't happy with anything if it doesn't benefit them in some way.

thank you, I feel much better.....end rant.
ALSO.
This site has seen 500 PLUS traders go BAD !!!!
So the point of u having 500 trades means NOTHING !!!!!

And speaking of growing up. Name calling realy LMAO
That's the pot calling the kettle black.

Beckett is a great site. I like trading with the members here. I am waiting for the bugs to be worked out and after Christmas, I might start trading again on here. All sites have the same issues, which does make members not what to trade. I stopped due the Organizer price hike. I needed a break anyways, lol. I look forward to coming back.
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

I find it easiest to give a little on most trades, not all the time, but it seems to help.
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

ive always had the attitude that i should treat/trade with people the way i hope they will treat/trade with me. it doesnt always work but unfortunately, we are dealing with humans and that is always unpredictable. cant totally blame the site. all sites same problem IMO. plus, with the ebay etc. and product prices sky high its become big business (just like the NFL itself) sadly, greed goes hand in hand with almost any biz. used to be, trading was all there was to do after buying packs. chew the gum and trade with friends. thats why they call em trading cards. the hobby has moved on...
BECKETT SUPER COLLECTOR MAY 2010. COLLECTING KURT WARNER & MARSHALL FAULK. also looking for: tom nutten, fred miller, any card. view my warner/faulk collection at: www.photobucket.com/collectrams

Ive really never had any problems on here at all. Whether its a new trader or a veteran. Almost always a good experience. Not sure who these people are yall are trading with but I have yet to run into them
(sig courtesy of jbel4331)
[Image: sdh5p0.png]
Sets
2013 Bowman Inception Base Auto - 56/62 -90.3%
2011 Topps Cognac Diamond Anniversary(Series 1 & 2) - 383/709 -54%
2011 Topps Diamond Anniversary (Series 1 & 2) - 371/709 -52.3%
2014 Topps 1989 Die Cuts - 119/150 - 79.3%