`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some (more) platinum blasters and hangers updated (redemption hit today!)

Some (more) platinum blasters and hangers updated (redemption hit today!)
Picked up 2 blasters and 6 hangers. (W/ a few $1 Coupon from Topps series 2 blasters)
Got 1 auto from a blaster, the other from a hanger 3 pack.
Sean Gilmartin and Eduardo Rodriguez
[Image: null_zps997f73ba.jpg]
And some Tanaka .... Base and Ruby and Top Prospect
[Image: null_zps4bf1adbf.jpg]
A couple of purples and these die cuts are the hardest card to put into a toploader!
[Image: null_zpsd5c655d0.jpg]
Buxton purple, Meadows die cut, Bryant purple

Hooked again, probably need a box sometime soon!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: Some platinum blasters and hangers
Not a bad start at all, Doc. Appears I've got some stuff to try and wrestle away from you. Can i interest you in a Dillon Maples?
Sent you over an offer as a jumping off point.
Kepler

Nice stuff DrM! Congrats on the Tanaka's...the Top Prospects Die Cuts look awesome. Like that Platinum has finally changed the design set-up a little....was looking very stale. May get a box or two.........

OT...ever get your Bryant yet?
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Nice pulls. I must say this years Platinums look pretty nice. Can't wait until we start getting them here in Germany. It always seems to take a couple months before they hit our Base Exchange.
Top Wants:

1. 2001 Bowman's Best- Albert Pujols
2. 2011 Bowman Sterling- Mike Trout
3. 2011 Bowman Chrome- Paul Goldschmidt

[Image: Angels_Signature_zps8fa1f692.gif]

nice pulls..congrats on the tanaka cards
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

(08-02-2014, 09:46 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Nice stuff DrM! Congrats on the Tanaka's...the Top Prospects Die Cuts look awesome. Like that Platinum has finally changed the design set-up a little....was looking very stale. May get a box or two.........

OT...ever get your Bryant yet?
Thanks, Joe.
No never got the Bryant redemption yet. According to Topps I'm on some waiting list. They have no inventory of his cards. So I asked if they would do replacement, but not till October. Oh, well.
(08-02-2014, 08:50 AM)jaredhuizenga Wrote: Not a bad start at all, Doc. Appears I've got some stuff to try and wrestle away from you. Can i interest you in a Dillon Maples?
Sent you over an offer as a jumping off point.
Gilmartin and Buxton are already put aside for you. No worries.
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Not bad at all. I've still got my coupons for target so I'll buy some hangers probably leave it at a couple, hope I do as good as you guys

Great break & sweet looking Tanakas, Buxton & Bryant. What's even more awesome is the Autos from the blaster & hanger. Congrats!!
PC=Giancarlo Stanton, Kemp, Longoria, Tulowitzki, Griffey Jr, Pujols, Jeter, Randy Johnson, Helton, Biggio, Bagwell, Chipper Jones, Votto..
I trade for similar cards.

(08-02-2014, 10:01 AM)CrakumsGT Wrote: Nice pulls. I must say this years Platinums look pretty nice. Can't wait until we start getting them here in Germany. It always seems to take a couple months before they hit our Base Exchange.
Yeah, they look pretty good, better in person. Hopefully by Xmas you'll be busting some platinum. Do you get retail or hobby or both at the base exchange?

(08-02-2014, 10:05 AM)gocardinals Wrote: nice pulls..congrats on the tanaka cards
Thanks! I was pretty stoked about that Ruby!
(08-02-2014, 04:58 PM)rentzington Wrote: Not bad at all. I've still got my coupons for target so I'll buy some hangers probably leave it at a couple, hope I do as good as you guys
Thanks!
Might as well use them. $8.49 is better than $9.49 any day of the week!
(08-06-2014, 06:10 PM)manningsecnumbr1fan Wrote: Great break & sweet looking Tanakas, Buxton & Bryant. What's even more awesome is the Autos from the blaster & hanger. Congrats!!
Thanks!
What's even better about platinum retail is that the cards are not "paper parallel sticker autos" ... They are the real, on-card autos like the hobby .... Except this year they said there's a camo auto retail exclusive. That's a nice little retail bonus. Granted, the pulls are tough, but they exist!

RE: Some (more) platinum blasters and hangers updated
Picked up 2 hangers and a blaster and did pretty alright.
Healy auto /399 and Sandberg auto
[Image: null_zps91344a8d.jpg]
Dahl and Frazier refractor and a Ruby of Whilmer Flores
[Image: null_zps8fa3da6c.jpg]
Spinger tools die cut and Bryant prospects die cut
[Image: null_zpsb29e2cf1.jpg]
Kingham /399 and Lindor /399
[Image: null_zps203a477d.jpg]