`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got my BGS Graded order back today!

Got my BGS Graded order back today!
So as some of you already know, when my wife and I moved into our house I started to try to get my cards organized. I started going through my 5k boxes one by one and separating cards into an easy to find manner by year, brand, set etc. Once I have a box organized, I enter it into my Beckett Organize and mark what I want to keep, trade bla bla bla.

Prior to doing this, my method consisted of going to one of my three LCS and buying whatever box caught my eye and opening it and getting excited if I happened to pull something I wanted. Usually it went more like "who the heck are these guys..." and then putting them into one of those 5k boxes and not looking at them again.

Going through the boxes over the last several months has been very cool. I've found stuff I didn't even know I had or remembered buying. Some of the better stuff I set aside to send in and get graded. Anything you see listed prior to 2013 was a "find" in one of my garage boxes. I'm glad I held onto them as some of the "who is that" guys have made a name for themselves. Here are the results of the 13 cards I just sent in.

[Image: Trout.jpg]
2011 Bowman Sterling Mike Trout. Graded at a 9 and was a little disappointed until I remembered that until I found it in the garage, I didn't even know I had it.

[Image: Baez_0001.jpg]
2011 Bowman Sterling Prospect Autographs Javier Baez 9.5/10 Auto

[Image: OscarGoldMini_0001.jpg]
2014 Bowman Chrome Scout Top 5 Mini Gold Oscar Taveras 9.5. Ser #'d 03/25. Pulled from one of two cases I bought this year.

[Image: Springer_0001.jpg]
2011 Bowman Sterling Prospect Autographs George Springer 9.5/10 auto

[Image: Zunino.jpg]
2013 Bowman Inception Jumbo Relic Autographs Red Mike Zunino 9.5/10 Auto. Bought this one off Ebay raw as it was a short print and I'm an M's fan.

[Image: KrisBlue.jpg]
2014 Bowman Chrome Prospects Blue Refractors Kris Bryant Ser #/d 250 9.5. Pulled from one of two cases I bought this year.

[Image: KrisGold.jpg]
2014 Bowman Chrome Prospects Blue Refractors Kris Bryant Ser #/d 50 9.5. Pulled from one of two cases I bought this year.

[Image: Jose.jpg]
2014 Bowman Chrome Prospects Green Refractors Jose Abreu Ser #'d/75 9.5. Pulled from one of two cases I bought this year.

[Image: Cast.jpg]
2014 Bowman Chrome Rookie Autographs Gold Refractors Nick Castellanos Ser #'d/50 9.5/10 Auto. Got this one in a trade from SnappyJoe. I asked him before the trade we worked out if this card was clean and he said it was. Indeed. Thanks again Snap!

[Image: Durant.jpg]
2007-08 Bowman Sterling Kevin Durant RC 9.5. One of the many things I forgot I had. Sent it in because it was a RC. Glad I did.

[Image: JordanAllen.jpg]
2009-10 SP Game Used Combo Materials Ser #'d/155 Michael Jordan/Ray Allen. Graded at a 9. Was a little disappointed when I saw it only got a 9 because it was so clean looking but then when I checked the pop report I see it is the highest graded one in the Beckett database and it is the only 9. Woo Hoo!

[Image: BowmanPlatinumPuig.jpg]
2013 Bowman Platinum Orange National Convention Autos Yasiel Puig 9.5. Bought this as a redemption off Ebay. Got a good deal as the guy never thought he'd sign these and took my offer. Never even opened it from Topps, just sent it in for grading. Solid looking card. I mainly purchased it as it was the last card I needed to complete the set.

[Image: BowmanPuig_0001.jpg]
2013 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs Yasiel Puig 9.5/10 Auto. I pulled this card as a redemption from three boxes I bought from Dacardworld for my birthday last year. Again, never opened the card from Topps, just sent it in for grading. Was super happy to pull this as I was working on completing the set at the time and still needed it. Now I just need lower end stuff to finish up the set.

Overall, I'm really happy with everything I sent in. I'm likely going to sell most of it on the Bay unless I need it for one of the sets I'm building. 6 of the 5k boxes down...25 more to go. I should finish sometime in 2018. LOL. Hope you enjoyed the look!

RE: Got my BGS Graded order back today!
WOW!! Very nice cards and grades! Congrats! Still in search of a Puig auto Sad

Damn, I could have had a nice Casta graded!!! Lol, glad to see it came out high.

Awesome grades, congrats
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Did you happen to find any Jeters in the garage?

(08-01-2014, 05:44 PM)yankees_pride Wrote: Did you happen to find any Jeters in the garage?
Not yet but I'll let you know if I do. Just so happens all of the boxes are sorted from newest to oldest so it may take a while before I find any. Plus my wife and I have a new baby arriving next month so this could be slower going than I thought it would take.

very nice..congrats!!
Jamaal Charles Progress: Updated 06/12/2014
360/2,662 unique cards 569 total

[Image: Rodneysbanner.jpeg]

Woah nice job