IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow Oakland!

RE: Wow Oakland!
[quote='jacobystealshome' pid='2477786' dateline='1406833925']

yes, and that is why gomes was a throw in, with lester being the prize

Im not arguing Lester was the prize for Oakland. Im saying they have now gained in pitching but have weakened in offense. The goal of most teams when trading is to upgrade their team. Adding Lester and moving Cespedes is a lateral move AT BEST, and does not make Oakland a better team, imo.

(07-31-2014, 10:30 AM)petillo64 Wrote: And this is the reason why I will never collect oakland a's players again. Maybe I'll start a PC of a few retired players or something. Eckersley or Lansford most likely.

At least my 500+ different cespedes cards and 30 + autos should see a nice price hike to help me get started... Just sucks that both of my PC players got dealt.
I expected Cespedes to be dealt, maybe not at this particular time, but it was eventually going to happen. I didn't expect the Russell trade however. Now I, like you, have a couple PC's that I'll eventually let go and a sig to change. That's A's baseball, find a way to win now as cheaply as possible.

(07-31-2014, 02:30 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: [quote='jacobystealshome' pid='2477786' dateline='1406833925']

yes, and that is why gomes was a throw in, with lester being the prize

Im not arguing Lester was the prize for Oakland. Im saying they have now gained in pitching but have weakened in offense. The goal of most teams when trading is to upgrade their team. Adding Lester and moving Cespedes is a lateral move AT BEST, and does not make Oakland a better team, imo.
filled a need. how many aces were available? 2? (lester, price).

it significantly upgrades them on rotation, and it isnt that much of a decrease in left. better batting average and better obp, less power. fits the a's philosophy better

jmo, but i think it is a lateral move at worst, especially since cespedes is a free agent after next year and there wasnt a chance they could re-sign him.

(07-31-2014, 03:34 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: filled a need. how many aces were available? 2? (lester, price).

it significantly upgrades them on rotation, and it isnt that much of a decrease in left. better batting average and better obp, less power. fits the a's philosophy better

jmo, but i think it is a lateral move at worst, especially since cespedes is a free agent after next year and there wasnt a chance they could re-sign him.
That's what is great about discussions, we can respectfully agree to disagreeSmile

Wow. We get samardzija for russell... Lester for cespedes... And Detroit gets price for austin jackson and smily!?!?! Wtf!
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(07-31-2014, 05:09 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Wow. We get samardzija for russell... Lester for cespedes... And Detroit gets price for austin jackson and smily!?!?! Wtf!
Kinda ilike when the NATS got Fister for Steve Lombardozzi, left-hander Ian Krol

(07-31-2014, 05:09 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Wow. We get samardzija for russell... Lester for cespedes... And Detroit gets price for austin jackson and smily!?!?! Wtf!
Kinda have to agree on this.
[Image: Jones%20Kershaw_zpswfyrmlav.jpg]

(07-31-2014, 05:11 PM)buckles2335 Wrote: Kinda ilike when the NATS got Fister for Steve Lombardozzi, left-hander Ian Krol
Yeah. DD made up for that debacle with this trade!